Hey stampers! Stampin’ Up!’s Beautiful You stamp set continues to be my absolute “fave” for watercoloring! This sample uses the technique of an ink pad “palette”. You squeeze the lid on a closed stamp pad, which transfers ink onto the lid of the pad. You then open it up and color using your favorite watercoloring tool.
Do you see the “sneak peek” on this card? It’s the strip of glimmer paper down the center. A 6″ x 6″ pad of assorted Glimmer Paper is coming as a FREE NEW Sale-A-Bration choice later this month…woo hoo!
Instructions, measurements and supply list follows. Just click on any picture below to go right to my ordering site.
- Stamp Sets – Beautiful You (143004 wood mount, 143637 clear mount)
- Card Stock – Sweet Sugarplum (141418), Whisper White (100730), Basic Black (121045), Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper, 6×6 Glimmer Paper Assortment (143831)
- Stamp Pads – Basic Black Archival Stamp Pad (140931), Sweet Sugarplum (141395)
- Misc. – Aqua Painters (103954), Succulent Garden 3/8” Ribbon Combo Pack (142781), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Mini Glue Dots (103683)
- Sweet Sugarplum: 8 ½” x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Blooms & Bliss: 4 ¼” x 3”
- Glimmer Paper: 4 ¼”x ½”
- Whisper White: 2 7/8” x 3 7/8”
- Basic Black: 3” x 4”
- Stamp image of lady in Basic Black Archival Ink to the left of your Whisper White panel.
- Stamp sentiment of your choice in the bottom right of the Whisper White panel.
- Using your Aqua Painter and Sweet Sugarplum ink, lightly color in the dress and hat of your main image. (to create a palette, squeeze your stamp pad together when closed to transfer some of the ink to the lid of the stamp pad)
- Fold your card base in half. Adhere the designer paper to the left side of card. Then add the strip of glimmer paper.
- Adhere the stamped image to the Basic Black cardstock. Then, adhere here this to your card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Tie a knot in your ribbon, and trim edges to make it look pretty. Adhere it to your card using Mini Glue Dots.
Hope you enjoyed more fun watercoloring with the Beautiful You stamp set!