I have several family birthdays coming up so this bold and beautiful card using the Cake Crazy stamp set is just perfect, don’t you think?
One of the best things about Stampin’ Up! is that everything coordinates! The Party Animal Designer Series Paper and Washi Tape work perfectly together on this cheery card. Did you know that you can actually pick these products (or ANY other for that matter) as part of your starter kit for only $99?!
That’s right, you get to pick $125 worth of products for only $99 plus tax, NO shipping AND you can pick two extra stamps sets of any value…woo hoo! If this might appeal to you check it out here!
Instructions, including measurements, for this Cake Crazy card follow below. Just click on any picture to order now…only one more day to grab your free Sale-A-Bration items!
- Stamp Set: Cake Crazy (142850)
- Cardstock and Paper: Whisper White (100730) and Party Animal Designer Series Paper (142738)
- Stampin’ Pad: Crushed Curry (131173), Emerald Envy (141396), Pacific Point (126951), and Tangerine Tango (126946)
- Miscellaneous: Party Animal Designer Washi Tape (142743), Brights Enamel Shapes (141680), Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), and Paper Snips (103579)
- Whisper White card base: 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2” then folded plus a piece 3” x 5-1/4” and 2-1/4” x 4-1/8”
- Polka-dot sheet from Party Animal Designer Series Paper 4” x 5-1/4”
- Adhere Designer Series Paper onto Whisper White card base with SNAIL.
- On the smallest Whisper White piece, starting from the bottom, stamp the first cake layer using 3 different stamps and 2 colors (Pacific Point and Crushed Curry). First use Pacific Point and stamp the image with the solid line so the line is about 1/8” from the bottom of the cardstock . Then ink the diamond image with the curvy line in Pacific Point (don’t stamp yet!) and stamp off once then align image over already stamped image and stamp. Ink the diamond image that has no border with Crushed Curry, align over already stamped images and stamp.
- Stamp “Fantastic” in Tangerine Tango carefully so it almost touches the bottom cake layer and is in the center.
- Stamp row of stars in Crushed Curry.
- Stamp next cake layer with top and bottom lines in Pacific Point. Stamp companion piece also in Pacific Point but stamp off once before stamping onto darker cake layer image.
- Ink top cake layer with Pacific Point and stamp off before stamping.
- Ink candles with Pacific Point and stamp.
- Ink candle flame image with Crushed Curry and stamp.
- Temporarily set that piece over the middle sized Whisper White piece so you know where to next stamp the top and bottom sentiments in Emerald Envy.
- Once the sentiments are stamped, line right and bottom sides with the Emerald Envy Washi Tape. Using Paper Snips trim Washi Tape. Adhere to card front with SNAIL. Then add two strips of the Crushed Curry stars Washi Tape so it overlaps a tiny bit over the Emerald Envy Washi Tape. Trim with snips.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere the cake piece to the middle Whisper White piece so it’s centered between the top and bottom sentiments.
- Sprinkle rhinestones and enamel shapes onto front of card.
Thanks for popping in today and I hope you’ll have fun making a Cake Crazy card! Oh, if you missed yesterday’s post, I showed you how to create a fun custom t-shirt card.