I have another This Little Piggy sample for you today in honor of the birthday of E.B. White, creator of the Children’s Classic, Charlotte’s Web. Elwyn Brooks “E. B.” White was born on July 11, 1899, and, in addition to Charlotte’s Web, he was also the creator of Stuart Little.
I think this little piggy looks quite like Wilbur, Charlotte’s friend in the book, with a little mud added in for good measure. 🙂
I always wondered the “back story” to Charlotte’s Web so I did a little bit of research. White had married a co-worker at New Yorker Magazine in 1929 and by the end of the 1930s, White and his family were spending most of their time at their Maine farmhouse. One day, White spotted a spider spinning an egg sac in his barn in Maine. This encounter provided the inspiration for what is perhaps his most beloved work, Charlotte’s Web (1952), about the friendship between a spider named Charlotte and Wilbur the pig.
Here are the instructions for today’s little piggy card…enjoy!
- Stamp Sets – This Little Piggy (143922 c), (143919 w), One Big Meaning (138788 w), (139420 c)
- Card Stock – Blushing Bride (131198); Whisper White (100730) Basic Black (121045);
- Stamp Pads – Archival Basic Black (140931); Blushing Bride (131172)
- Misc. – Aqua Painters (103954), Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker (100082) Basic Black Baker’s134576) Dimensionals ( 104430); Paper Snips (103579)
- Whisper White: 4 1/4” x 11”, scored at 5 ½”; 2 1/8” square
- Basic Black: 2 ¼” x 2 ¼”
- Blushing Bride: 2” square
- Fold Whisper White cardstock in half to create card.
- Stamp the piggy with Archival Black ink onto the Blushing Bride cardstock and cut out with Paper Snips.
- Use the Aqua Painter and Blushing Bride ink to add some color to the piggy ears, cheeks, nose and tail.
- Using the fine tip end of the Stampin’ Write Marker, outline several areas of the pig to create spots. Use the brush tip of the marker and fill in the spots with color.
- Attach the piggy to the Whisper White square, and layer onto the Basic Black square with Dimensionals.
- Tie a bow with the Baker’s Twine and attach with a glue dot.
- Attach to card front with Dimensionals. Stamp “A Little Thanks” below focal point to complete the card.
If you need to order any of the supplies for today’s This Little Piggy project, simply click on any picture below.
If you missed yesterday’s This Little Piggy project,
click here to see it.