- You can add just the right amount of color where you need it using either the brush tip or fine-point.
- Each color (except Ivory and Bronze) has a light and dark shade marker, available individually or in a combo pack.
- Stampin' Up! has done lots of in-house testing for evaporation and life of the markers and is very happy with the test results.
- The lid seals in a special way to prevent air from entering the barrel and causing evaporation.
The entire month of June is We Heart Hosts Month! Did you know with a minimum $150 you can get the Tranquil Tulips stamp set for free?
Whether you are in the mood for creating a whimsical card with just a few tulips or a garden full of flowers, this stamp set does the job!
Another option is the Feathery Friends Host Stamp Set shown below. This card features two of Stampin' Up!'s fabulous new In Colors, Lemon Lime Twist and Berry Burst.
Instructions and supplies follow. If you need any of the supplies to make this card, just click on any picture at the end of the instructions list.
- Stamp Set: Feathery Friends host set (144302-wood mount, $16 using rewards or 144037-clear mount, $12 using rewards)
- Card stock: Lemon Lime Twist (144245), Berry Burst (144243), and Watercolor Paper (122959)
- Stampin’ Pad: Archival Basic Gray (140932)
- Miscellaneous: 2017-2019 In Color Stampin’ Write Markers (144033), Subtles Collection Stampin’ Write Markers (131263), Stitched Shapes Framelits (145372), Oh My Stars Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (143710), Lemon Lime Twist ½” Finely Woven Ribbon (144135), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430, Paper Snips (103579), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (143263), and Magnetic Platform (130658).
- Lemon Lime Twist: 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2 then folded to create card base
- Berry Burst: 3-1/4 x 3-1/4”
- Watercolor Paper: 3” x 3”
- Ribbon: about 18”
- Using Oh My Stars, emboss card front.
- Stamp bird and sentiment in Basis Gray ink closely to one another and color in with the following markers: Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Powder Pink, Tranquil Tide, Pool Party (bird’s eye), and So Saffron (center of flower).
- Using the 2-3/8” circle from Stitched Shapes Framelits cut out bird and sentiment piece.
- Using the 2-7/8” circle, cut from Berry Burst.
- Adhere the two circles to one another.
- Tie ribbon around card and have bow to far left.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere circle piece over ribbon.
While you can choose any merchandise in the catalog with your Stamping Rewards, I like to recommend the actual host only items found on pages 220-223 of the catalog. These sets are discounted and ONLY hosts can get them!
It's so easy to place your order. Click here and you'll go right to my shopping page.
Remember, the We Heart Hosts Month only lasts through June 30. Don't miss out!
Hey stampers! I've got some great tips today to help you take better vacation photos! Summer is just around the corner and we'll all be off on some fun trips. You might also be sneaking away for a long weekend over spring break.
Follow some of these ideas and you'll end up with some awesome shots that will work perfectly in your scrapbooks or Project Life memory system.
- Start with a clean lens, whether using your camera phone or your $3,000 Canon.
- If your travels take you to an aquarium, don't use the flash when you're photographing…you'll get a big flash and no fish!
- Don't ruin a beautiful photo by putting the light BEHIND your subject. Switch the scene OR use the HDR mode on your camera which will balance the light and dark areas.
- Take multiple shots instead of just one. Someone's eyes will always be shut or you'll get a random tourist running through. You'll get tired of answering “who's that” when sharing your photos after the trip.
- When you've lined up the perfect shot, take a big breath and exhale…THEN snap it. Believe it nor not, that's when your hands will be most steady.
- Don't shoot everything dead center….that's boring. Shoot with people or objects to the side.
- Landscapes by themselves CAN be pretty…
but don't take too many of these; they will be much more interesting with people or something about 10 feet away to visually anchor the shot.
8. If you're ready to graduate from your phone to a nice camera, you'll see some great benefits. Bigger lenses will allow you to shoot good photos in bad lighting and you can also play around with depth, blurring the backgrounds.
I mentioned Project Life above. If you haven't heard of this simple, cost-effective system for organizing your photos and memories, I invite you to check out Stampin' Up!'s exclusive line of PL supplies here.
I hope these tips will help you take better vacation photos…have fun on your trips!
If you're like I am, the holidays sort of “took over” and I need to get back on track! I'm thinking ahead to 2017 and I have a few fun ideas for you that just might spark your crafting creativity!
Do you have photos from a 2016 vacation that are still in a box, on your camera, saved in the cloud, ______ you fill in the blank. Use a road map (or country map if you traveled abroad) as a background for your memory pages. If you are a Project Life gal, this will still work. Use pertinent pieces of the map for matting or making embellishments. You can actually tear the map and then glue on luggage tags, hotel keys and postcards, tickets stubs, etc. to complete your pages. You can even make handstamped cards using this same idea to tell others about your trip and “show off your eclectic style”!
Speaking of maps, here's another fun idea. Have a wedding coming up? Why not get a map of the honeymooners' destination and use it to wrap up their gift? I bet you could even find some little embellishments to finish off the gift perfectly and give it a little extra “punch” and pizzazz!
Punch…that leads me to my last tip. Do you have some dull punches or some that no longer work? Grab a piece of aluminum foil, those dull punches and run the foil through them a few times and they will be sharp again! If your punches need a bit more TLC, watch these two short videos by my Stamp Slave, Dave. He'll show you how to fix them in no time! Subscribe to my channel while you're there so you don't miss any new videos!
Oh, before I forget, the last day to shop from the retiring Holiday Catalog and Year-end Closeout Deals is January 3, 2017. If you still have a few things on your list, you can shop right now at my online store before you forget!
Thanks for popping in today and let me know if we can help you in any way…together we'll make 2017 FANTABULOUS!!!!:-)
Hi Stampers! Today I'm going to share some Thoughtful Branches projects made by Stampin' Up!'s very own CEO Sara Douglass!
I LOVE working with a company whose CEO is SO talented AND accessible! Did you know that Sara has her own Facebook page? She even made a Facebook Live video showing a stunning project made with this bundle. Check it out on my Facebook page!
Hope you enjoyed today's post. If you missed yesterday's post, I show a great fall project using this stamp set and thinlits dies.
Why not order your bundle right now before you forget so you can make your own Thoughtful Branches projects.
Thanks for stopping by today, and….