Hey Scrampers! Today I'm showing you a beautiful card and teaching you one way to use your Soda Pop Tops. These fun little embellishments are so reasonably priced at only $3.95 and can be used for cardmaking and scrapbooking techniques. So, whether you are a stamper, scrapbooker or both…scramper, you will love them.
You'll need a Big Shot Die Cutting Machine for this technique, but it is super simple! One service I provide to my customers – if you purchase a Big Shot from me, I invite you to a free private class where we'll make several projects using this fabulous tool and I'll share tips and tricks that will enhance the value of your investment.
Enjoy your project and next Tuesday I'll be sharing a project using colored Paper Trim Flowers. Set a reminder so you don't miss it!
Crumb Cake Cardstock – 8 ½” x 5 ½”
More Amore DSP – 2 ½” x 5”
Fan Fair DSP – 2” x 4”
Scrap Pieces (sizes are all min.):
Very Vanilla Cardstock – 3” x 3”
Riding Hood Red Cardstock – 3” x 3”
Crumb Cake Cardstock – 2 ½” x 2 ½”
Very Vanilla Cardstock – 1 ½” x 1 ½”
1 Large Soda Pop Top
Flower Trim strand with 5 flowers
10” Pool Party Seam Binding
Collage Curious Stamp Set
Delicate Doilies Stamp Set
Blooming with Kindness stamp Set
Crumb Cake Ink Pad
Pool Party Ink Pad
Riding Hood Red Ink Pad
2 ½” Circle Punch
1 ¾” Circle Punch
1” Circle Punch
Perfect Pennants Big Shot Die
Mini Glue Dots
1. Fold the Crumb Cake Cardstock in half with the Bone Folder.
2. Stamp the “Thank You” sentiment in Crumb Cake Ink on the Crumb Cake Cardstock.
3. Dove tail the ends of the DSP Strips and adhere them to the card with SNAIL Adhesive.
4. Apply a strip of Sticky Strip down the seam where the two DSPs meet.
5. Run the Riding Hood Red Cardstock through the Big Shot with the Perfect Pennants Big Shot Die – attach it to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
6. Stamp the doily image in Riding Hood Red Ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock – punch out with the 2 ½” Circle Punch. Sponge the edges with Crumb Cake Ink and a Stampin’ Sponge – adhere to the Riding Hood Red scallop circle with SNAIL Adhesive.
7. Stamp the other doily image in Crumb Cake Ink on Crumb Cake Cardstock and punch out with the 1 ¾” Circle Punch – sponge the edges with Crumb Cake Ink and a Stampin’ Sponge, adhere to the card with SNAIL Adhesive.
8. Set up your Big Shot Platform so that all tabs are open. Lay a Standard Cutting Pad on the Platform and then one thin piece of chipboard (like the backing from DSP packs). Place the Soda Pop Top on top of the chipboard with the rims down and the smooth top up. Place another Standard Cutting Pad over top of the Soda Pop Top. Crank thorugh the Big Shot and you’re done. Attach the Soda Pop Top to the card with Mini Glue Dots.
9. Stamp the script image in Crumb Cake Ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock. Stamp the circular leaves over top of that in Pool Party Ink. Stamp the balloon in the center of that with Riding Hood Red Ink. Punch out unit with the 1” Circle Punch and adhere to the Soda Pop Top with SNAIL Adhesive. Attach your Flower Trim to card using mini glue dots.
10. Tie a bow in the Pool Party Seam Binding and attach to the card with a Mini Glue Dot.