Hey stampers! It's Tuesday so I thought another “Technique Tuesday” is in order!
Today's sample uses the High Tide Stamp Set and features the “reverse masking” technique.If you've never used this particular technique, give it a try for some “pop” to your cards.
You can order any of the products, by just clicking on a picture below.
- Stamp Sets – High Tide (143006)
- Card Stock – Whisper White (100730); Island Indigo (122923),
- Stamp Pads – Crumb Cake (126975), Early Espresso (126974), Sahara Sand (126976), Pool Party (126982), Old Olive (126953), Island Indigo (126986)
- Misc. – Stitched Shapes Thinlits (145372), Post-it Note, Dimensionals (104430)
- Whisper White: 4-1/4” x 11”, 4” x 5-1/4” scrap piece
- Island Indigo: 4-1/8” x 5-3/8”
- Stamp light house image onto Post-it Note. Trim around the image as close as possible.
- Place stamped Post-it Note onto Whisper White cardstock (4” x 5-1/4”) towards the left.
- Stamp scene over the Post-it note. Stamp the sand using Crumb Cake ink, the water image using Pool Party ink, both standing and flying birds using Early Espresso ink, and lastly the sea grass using Old Olive ink.
- Remove Post-it Note and stamp the lighthouse base image using Sahara Sand ink. Stamp over this using the more detailed lighthouse image with Island Indigo ink.
- Stamp the greeting onto a piece of Whisper White scrap using Early Espresso ink. Die cut using Stitched Shapes Thinlits square. Place onto card front using dimensionals.
- Attach card front onto Island Indigo cardstock using adhesive, then onto card base using Dimensionals.
If there's a technique you'd like me to feature here on the blog…just ask. I'd be happy to oblige! 🙂