Hey stamping friends! I hope you are having a relaxing Labor Day. I got to sleep in which is something I rarely get to do! Today I wanted to share a Christmas Quilt No Sewing Required project with you.
I so admire people who have the quilting talent; that is not in my toolbox of abilities. I was so excited to see a suite of quilting products in our new 2017-2018 Holiday Catalog. Now I can make quilts all the time! 🙂
As with fabric quilting, this card will take a bit of time to create, but you'll be oh so happy with the results. If you start now, your cards will be ready to stick in the mail before the holiday rush.And you know what that means! More time for COOKIE baking!
In addition to the Christmas Quilt Stamp Set and Quilted Christmas 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (DSP) there are also felt embellishments to add some fun!
I have instructions for today's project at the bottom of the post. I've also included a shopping list; just click on any picture to go right to my online store!
In case you haven't yet seen the holiday catalog, here's a quick video to show you more of the awesome products awaiting your Fall and Christmas creativity!
If you haven't downloaded the Holiday Catalog yet, you are missing out on some great inspiration!
- Stamp Set: Christmas Quilt (144793)
- Card stock & paper: Garden Green (102584), Real Red (102482), Whisper White (100730), Quilted Christmas 6” x 6” Designer Series Paper (144617)
- Stampin’ Pad: Real Red (126949), Garden Green (126973)
- Miscellaneous: Stitched Shapes Framelits (145372), Quilt Builder Framelits Dies (144673), 5/8” Burlap Ribbon (141487), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683), and Paper Snips (103579)
- Real Red: 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2 then folded to create card base
- Whisper White: 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”, 2-3/4” x 1-3/4”
- Garden Green: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Any scrap about 3” x 3” preferably Garden Green, Whisper White or Real Red
- Burlap: one piece about 5-1/4”, 4 pieces each about 1-1/2” long
- Find the piece of paper in the Quilted Christmas grouping that has four large green quilt shapes that looks like the shape beneath the sentiment on the card shown. With Paper Snips, cut one of the green shapes leaving some space around it for die-cutting. Adhere the paper to a scrap of card stock using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (broad tip) to make it firm for die-cutting
- Die cut the green star shape out using the corresponding shaped die from the Quilt Builder Framelits and set aside.
- Using the 1-3/16” square from the Stitched Shapes Framelits, die cut 12 squares out of your favorite designs in the Quilted Christmas paper taking note to choose a variety of designs and colors to create your quilt.
- Arrange 12 pieces on your work table until you get the arrangement you like best. You will need 3 rows of 4 squares to create your quilt.
- Using the broad tip of your Multipurpose Liquid Glue, brush glue on back of one square and line up on the 3-7/8” x 5-1/8” Whisper White piece, in one corner, so you are leaving a white border only about 1/16” on the top and left. Move quickly as you have a little time to reposition if it’s not squared. It sticks fast. Adhere piece #2 so it’s only 1/16” away from the border and/or the first square. Repeat with all 12 squares to create your quilt.
- Using SNAIL, adhere your quilt piece to Garden Green card stock.
- Stamp “peace” and the lined/stitch image onto the small Whisper White scrap using Real Red and Garden Green ink. Die cut using the 2-1/4” oval Stitched Shapes Framelit. Using 2 Dimensionals aligned vertically in the center of the sentiment, attach to the green star shape from #2.
- Using Glue Dots (about 9) adhere long piece of Burlap Ribbon across lower portion of quilt piece and secure on back sides.
- Fold each 1-1/2” piece in half and adhere to itself. Stagger one of these short folded pieces onto another and adhere to it with 2 Glue Dots. You will have two sections of ribbon now. Using 2 Glue Dots for each side, adhere the burlap pieces under the left and right sides of the green star focal point.
- Use 4 Dimensionals and lay them down onto the front of the quilt card so that the Dimensional is abutting the burlap ribbon. Put 2 above the ribbon and 2 below. You want them each about ½” apart on the top and ½” apart on the bottom.
- Peel the 4 Dimensionals then gently press the green star focal point onto them so it’s straddling the horizontal burlap ribbon so the flat burlap aligns with the pieces attached to the focal point.
- Using 5 Dimensionals, adhere the quilt piece to the Real Red card base.