Carols of Christmas Sampler – Great Gift Idea!
Hey stampers! I have a great gift idea for you today.
This Carols of Christmas Sampler would make such a perfect handmade gift! It's easy to assemble and, if you get started now, BEFORE the holidays sneak up on you, you'll have much more time to ENJOY the season! 🙂
The Carols of Christmas Bundle is available as an “early release” Holiday Catalog item so why not grab it today and save 10%. The stamp set and thinlits dies are also sold individually.
I've included instructions, including measurements, and a supply list. Everything is available at my online store. In addition, don't forget there are still lots of items in the Clearance Rack, with discounts up to 60%!
- Stamp Sets – Carols of Christmas Stamp Set (w-144801, c-144804); Bundle (w-146036, c-146037)
- Card Stock – Marina Mist Card Stock (119682); Night of Navy Card Stock (100867); Soft Sky Card Stock (131203); Chocolate Chip Card Stock (102128); Shimmer White Card Stock (101910); Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Stamp Pads – Marina Mist Ink (126962); Night of Navy Ink (126970); Soft Sky Ink (131181)
- Misc. – Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper (135315); Silver Glimmer Paper (135314); Silver Foil (132178); Big Shot (143263); Precision Base Plate (139684); Card Front Builder Thinlits (144674); Starlight Thinlits (141840); Softly Falling Embossing Folder (139672); Sponge Dauber (133773); Aqua Painter (103954); Rhinestones (144220); Night of Navy 5/8” Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon (144189); Dimensionals (104430); Mini Dimensionals (144108); Mini Glue Dots (103683); 8”x8” frame (non Stampin’ Up!)
- Marina Mist Card Stock: 8” x 8”; 2¾” x 3¾”
- Night of Navy Card Stock: 3” x 4”; 3” x 3¼” (2); 3¼” x 4¼”; 1¼” x 4”
- Soft Sky Card Stock: 2¾” x 3” (2); 1” x 3¾”; 1½” x 3¾”
- Shimmer White Card Stock: 3” x 4”
- Whisper White Card Stock: 1½” x 2” scrap
- Chocolate Chip Card Stock: 1” x 1” scrap
- Silver Foil: 3” x 4” scrap
- Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper: 3” x 4” scrap
- Silver Glimmer Paper: 1½” x 2” scrap
- Emboss Shimmer White with Softly Falling Embossing Folder.
- Watercolor wash a background. Use Soft Sky, Marina Mist, and Night of Navy inks in that order. Allow to dry.
- Adhere Shimmer White to Night of Navy (3¼” x 4¼”).
- Cut the detailed star from Silver Foil. Use the Precision Base Plate to avoid “bumps” on the star. Keep scrap to die cut other items.
- Use Mini Dimensionals to adhere star.
- Add rhinestones.
Peace on Earth
- Ink stamp with Marina Mist. Use Sponge Dauber to add Night of Navy to the edges. Stamp on Soft Sky (3” x 3¼”).
- Stamp sparkles in the background with Soft Sky ink.
- Adhere to Night of Navy (3¼” x 3½”).
- Cut moon and stars from Marina Mist.
- Adhere Marina Mist to Night of Navy (3” x 4”).
- Tear the Soft Sky (1½” x 3¾”) strip. Adhere to bottom of Marina Mist.
- Cut trees from the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper. Keep scrap to die cut other items.
- Cut deer from Chocolate Chip.
- Adhere pieces to the scene. Use Dimensionals and Mini Dimensionals to pop up a tree and the deer.
- Stamp ornaments with Soft Sky on Soft Sky (1” x 3¾”).
- Adhere Soft Sky to Night of Navy (1¼” x 4”).
- Stamp ornaments with Night of Navy on Whisper White scrap. Cut out with die.
- Cut out one set of ornaments from Silver Glimmer paper and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper.
- Adhere ornaments to background. Adhere some with Mini Dimensionals. Some may need to be adhered after the sampler is all adhered in order to overlap.
Deck the Halls
- Ink stamp with Night of Navy and stamp on Soft Sky (3” x 3¼”).
- Adhere to Night of Navy (3¼” x 3½”).
- Cut holly leaves from scrap Silver Foil.
- Adhere holly leaves to Soft Sky. Use Mini Dimensionals to pop up one of the leaves.
- Add rhinestones as holly berries.
- Dry fit all pieces onto the 8” x 8” Marina Mist piece.
- Stamp sparkles at the bottom between the star piece and the Deck the Halls piece.
- Adhere all the pieces as shown in the photo. Add any additional ornaments to overlap.
- Tie Night of Navy ribbon into a bow. Adhere to the project with Mini Glue Dots.
- Add to the frame.
Of course, feel free to change up the colors and use my instructions and measurements to create your own sampler!