Hey stampers! I hope you've been enjoying my weekly posts giving you some fresh ideas for Halloween. Today's project is 12 Weeks Of Halloween Week 4 – Spooky Night DSP. If you don't send out Halloween cards, you can easily convert this design to put on a treat bag or box.
Let me give you several tips from this card that will work for any season or holiday and save you money and/ or time.
- Use small bits of DSP (Designer Series Paper) to make your pack go farther.
- Use punched out or “fussy cut” images (like the witch's hat) as your focal point instead of stamping.
- Stamp your sentiment on a small piece of coordinating cardstock and punch out. SO many of my “perfectionist” customers stress out about an image being straight when stamped right on the card itself. Using the punch technique, you'll save yourself stress and you'll throw away less cardstock!
- Instead of tying a bow or knot, tack your piece of ribbon under each end on your top layer. You'll save on both ribbon AND postage when mailing your cards!
Here are the instructions, including supplies for this card. If you need to order anything to make some of these, just click on a picture.
- Stamp Sets –Spooky Cat (144701)
- Card Stock –Thick Very Vanilla (144237); Basic Black (121045); Pumpkin Pie (105117) Very Vanilla (101650)
- Stamp Pads – Basic Black (140931)
- Misc.– Spooky Night Designer Series Paper (144610); Vintage Crochet Trim (144611); Classic Label Punch (141491); Banner Triple Punch (138292); Mini Glue Dots (103683); Mini Stampin' Dimensionals ( 144108); Snail (104332)
- Thick Very Vanilla: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Very Vanilla: 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- Basic Black: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Pumpkin Pie: 3-3/4″ x 5″ and 1″ x 3″
- Spooky Night Designer Series Paper: four different prints,
- cut two of them 3/4″ x 4-1/4″ and cut the other two 3/4″ x 4-1/2″
- Vintage Crochet Trim: 5″
- Make banners out of each piece of Spooky Night Designer Series Paper with the Banner Triple Punch. Attach the banners to the Pumpkin Pie cardstock with Snail.
- Wrap the Vintage Crochet Trim over the banners and Pumpkin Pie cardstock securing it on the back side with Mini Glue Dots.
- Stamp Hat in Basic Black Ink on 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ piece of Whisper White cardstock and cut out by hand. Attach hat with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp Happy Halloween in Basic Black Ink on 1″ x 3″ piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock and punch out with Classic Label Punch. Attach sentiment with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Attach the Pumpkin Pie card front to the Basic Black piece and attach these layers to the front of the Thick Very Vanilla card base which has been folded on the score line.
Thanks for stopping by today and joining me for 12 Weeks Of Halloween Week 4 – Spooky Night DSP. If you've missed the other weeks, click here for Week 1 and then follow to the next.