Hey stampers? Did you know that you can use your Clear Blocks for a fun technique? Let me show you the Block Spritzing Technique Using Flirty Flowers. This technique is so versatile. You can use virtually any stamp set and any ink color. Besides your favorite stamp set and ink, you just need a Stampin’ Spritzer filled with water.
Here are the instructions; give this a try!
- Stamp Sets – Flirty Flowers (143872); Bunch of Blossoms (141573)
- Card Stock – Whisper White (100730); Dapper Denim (141414)
- Stamp Pads – Dapper Denim (141394); Emerald Envy (141396); Versamark (102283)
- Misc. – Watercolor Paper (122959); Clear Block E (118484); Stampin’ Spritzer (126185); Aqua Painter (103954); Heat Tool (129053); White Stampin’ Emboss Powder (109132); Embossing Buddy (103083); SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Whisper White: 4 1/4″ x 11” (score at 5 1/2″) 2 1/8” x 5 1/2″
- Dapper Denim: 2 1/4” x 5 1/2”
- Watercolor Paper: 2” x 5 1/2”
- Apply Emerald Envy ink on one side of Clear Block E and apply Dapper Denim onto the other side by pressing the stamp pads directly onto the block.
- Use Stampin’ Spritzer to spritz water onto the block. Should take about 4 pumps to get the amount of water needed. Flip the block over quickly and place onto the Watercolor Paper at the top. Hold in place until the white spots are filled in with ink.
- Repeat process with the bottom of the Watercolor Paper.
- If there are white spots that haven’t absorbed the ink you can take an Aqua Painter to move ink into those areas.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt and use the Heat Tool to dry. Brush off the salt to reveal the mottled look.
- Make sure the Watercolor Paper is completely dry before proceeding. Rub the Embossing Buddy across the paper. Use Versamark ink to stamp the flowery image, sprinkle with White embossing powder and then use Heat Tool to finish embossing.
- Use SNAIL adhesive to adhere the various layers together and then adhere to the card base.
- Use Dapper Denim ink to stamp with sentiment.
If you have a crafty friend (or maybe your hubby still needs the perfect gift for YOU!) who might enjoy this technique, why not surprise them with a Stamp Maven gift certificate!
They can use their certificate to buy everything they need to try this technique or anything else they might want. Additionally, Sale-A-Bration is coming up after the first of the year and they can get a free stamp set, paper, card kit, or exclusive Die with their $50-100 purchase!