THIS Little Piggy is a Happy Piggy ; she is dancing on air, don’t you think? It’s almost like she is the leader of a piggy parade!
This stamp set just captivates me. I am naturally drawn to cute little critters when I stamp but something about the images in this set just brings an extra big smile to my face every time I use it! The sentiment images in the set work perfectly with all the piggy images, too. I think whomever receives this card will certainly feel loved, don’t you?
Here are the instructions for today’s project. If my posts this week have motivated you to move This Little Piggy stamp set from your “wish list” onto your stamp shelf, just click on a picture below to order it or any of the other card supplies.. 🙂
- Stamp Set – This Little Piggy (143922)
- Card Stock – Pool Party (122924); Calypso Coral (122925); Shimmery White (101910)
- Stamp Pads – Basic Black (140931); Calypso Coral (126983)
- Misc. – Petal Garden DSP Stack (144168); Gold Metallic Thread (138401); Sponge Daubers (133773); Stitched Shapes Dies (145372); Watercolor Pencils (141709); Blender Pen (102845); Paper Snips (103579); Liquid Glue (110755); Snail Adhesive (104332); Dimensionals (104430)
- Pool Party Card Stock: 5 ½” x 8 ½”, folded in half at 4 ¼”
- Calypso Coral Card Stock: 5 ¼” x 4”
- Petal Garden DSP Stack: Background layer- 5” x 3 ¾”; Flower pig is holding 2” x 1 ¼”
- Shimmer Paper: approx. 4” x 4”
- Attach Calypso Coral card stock layer to card front with snail adhesive.
- Cut Petal Garden DSP to 5” x 3 ¾” and attach to card front on top of Calypso layer.
- Stamp the cute pig in Archival Basic Black ink on Shimmery White Paper. Color pig with Calypso Coral watercolor pencil and blend with a blender pen. Hand cut your pig with paper snips, cutting off the flower he is holding.
- Using liquid glue attach pig to card front as pictured.
- Hand cut, or fussy cut, a flower from the Petal Garden DSP Stack. Then glue, using liquid glue again, so that it looks like the pig is holding the flower.
- Next, you are going to make sure your pig stamp is clean. Then you are going to use a sponge dauber to ink up just the sentiment using Calypso Coral ink. Be very careful. You can use a baby wipe or tissue to wipe around the sentiment before your stamp to make sure you didn’t go over. When you are ready to stamp huff on it one time to make it moist. Stamp sentiment on the same shimmery white paper you stamped the pig on, there should be enough space.
- Die cut the sentiment using the smallest circle in the Stitched Shapes Framelits.
- Wrap a few inches of Gold Metallic Thread around four fingers and attach on the back of the sentiment using snail adhesive. Then add a dimensional and pop it onto the card