Hey stampers! It's time for 12 Weeks Of Halloween – Week 3 Spooky.
This card combines spooky with glitz! Of course every “haunted” Halloween needs some bats and at least one rat! 🙂
The gate is made with The Graveyard Gate Thinlits Dies. You can purchase these separately or, for the best value, buy the bundle.
Here are the instructions, along with measurements and supply list.
- Stamp Sets – Spooky Cat (144749p); Graveyard Gate (144695w, 144765c); Graveyard Gate Bundle (146017w, 146018c)
- Card Stock –Basic Black (121045); Lemon Lime Twist (144245); Cajun Craze (119684); Basic Gray (121044); Whisper White (100730); Glossy White (144240);
- Stamp Pads – Basic Black Archival (140931); Elegant Eggplant (126969); Crushed Curry (131173); Cajun Craze (126965)
- Misc. – Big Shot (143263); Detailed Gate Thinlits (144669); Wink of Stella Clear (141897); Sponge Brayers (141714); Stampin’ Sponges (141337); 1-3/4” Circle Punch (119850); Classic Label Punch (141491); Black Rhinestone Jewels (144639); Dimensionals (104430); Mini Dimensionals (144108)
- Basic Black CS: 4 1/4” x 11”; 2 3/4” x 3 3/4”
- Lemon Lime Twist CS: 3 3/4” x 4 1/2”
- Cajun Craze CS: 1” x 2 ½”
- Basic Gray CS: scraps
- Glossy Paper: 3 1/2 “ x 4 1/4”
- Whisper White CS: 1/4” x 4”; 2 x 3
- Fold Basic Black cardstock in half to form card base.
- Adhere Lemon Lime Twist CS layer to card front.
- Punch 1 ¾” Circle from Whisper White CS – save both pieces to use for masking.
- Lightly ‘tack’ circle punched piece on Glossy White paper for ‘moon’ placement.
- Using Sponge Brayer and Elegant Eggplant ink, color entire Glossy White paper until desired darkness leaving light/dark areas.
- Use Stampin’ Sponge with Basic Black Archival ink to darken some areas and edges of Glossy White CS.
- Remove punched circle piece then place ‘negative’ over un-inked area. Sponge into circle using Crushed Curry ink.
- Stamp ‘bat’ multiple times using Basic Black Archival Ink on top portion of Glossy piece.
- Using Big Shot, die cut the top portion of the Detailed Gate Thinlit from the Basic Black CS.
- “Color” die cut gate using Clear Wink of Stella. Adhere to Glossy piece the adhere unit to card front.
- Stamp ‘brick column’ using Cajun Craze ink onto Cajun Craze CS. Fussy cut out. Then sponge edges lightly with Basic Black Archival ink.
- Stamp ‘owl’ using Basic Black Archival Ink onto Basic Gray scrap. Fussy cut out. Then color with Clear Wink of Stella.
- Adhere owl behind brick column then add unit to card front using Dimensionals.
- Add Black Rhinestone Jewels to owl ‘eyes’.
- Stamp ‘rat’ using Basic Black Archival Ink onto Basic Gray scrap. Fussy cut out. Add to card front using Mini Dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment using Elegant Eggplant ink onto Whisper White CS. Punch ends using the Classic Label