12 Weeks Of Halloween – Week Seven – Hometown Halloween. Purple is my favorite color and I've always thought purple is a great “add-in” for Halloween themed cards. The gold on this card adds just enough “bling”.
The black neighborhood scene on this card is done with the Hometown Greetings Edgelits. These versatile dies can also be used on Christmas cards so that makes them a “more for your money” type of product! 🙂
I think this would also be perfect for making a “welcome to the neighborhood” card; I'll have to try that next!
Here are the instructions for the Halloween card and, of course, you can order any supplies at my online store.
- Stamp Set – Spooky Cat (144749p)
- Cardstock – Whisper White (100730); Fresh Fig (144243); Basic Black (121045); Pumpkin Pie (105117)
- Stamp Pads – Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad (140931)
- Misc. Gold Glimmer Paper (133719); 1-1/4″ Circle Punch (119861); Popcorn Box Thinlits (141473); Hometown Greetings Edgelits (144671); Big Shot (143263); Fresh Fig 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon (144174); Stampin' Dimensionals (104430); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Mini Glue Dots (103683)
- Fresh Fig: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Whisper White: 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″
- Pumpkin Pie: 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Basic Black – 2-1/4″ x 4″
- Slide the 1-1/4″ circle punch into the edge of the Gold Glimmer Paper and punch. Slide it in again in the same spot and crop out a moon.
- Use the row of stars framelit from the Popcorn Box dies and crop five stars from Gold Glimmer Paper.
- Run the black layer through the Big Shot with the row of houses edgelit and add to the bottom of the Pumpkin Pie layer. Trim to fit.
- Ink greeting in black and stamp where shown. Add the moon and stars where shown.
- Add this layer to the white mat.
- Wrap a strip of ribbon around this layer and adhere to the back. Tie a bow with same ribbon and add it to the front with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Add this layer to the card base with dimensionals.
- We do have a couple of specials going on right now, so you might want to check them out!
We do have a couple of great specials going on right now, so please do check them out!