I know you may think I’ve lost my mind when I share this 2 Minute Tool Tip! It’s so simple but something both I and many of my customers overlook from time to time. (and it really might only be a 1 minute tip, depends on how fast a reader you are…ha!)
Have you ever ended up with cardstock that looks like this after you cut it? I sure have…especially Stampin’ Up!’s Whisper White.
Instead of changing my blade (so I can squeeze just a few more cuts out of it), I’ll cut the cardstock and then use my fingernail to even out the rough edges. I know this sounds so silly, but my customers tell me they do it, too!
So here’s the TIP: I’m all about saving money in my papercrafting and whenever I find a way I definitely pass on to my social media followers and local customers; but using your trimmer blades beyond their useful life will end up COSTING you money in ruined paper.
Do yourself a favor and invest in a couple of bags of these cutting blades, so you’ll always have a spare when you start noticing the ragged edges on your projects.
The cost is only $6.00 for 2…plus a little for tax and shipping.
And once you have that new blade in your trimmer, here is a fun project for you to make…measurements and instructions at the end of the post.
This project is created with items that are in the upcoming 2017-2018 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog.
BUT…you can purchase one of two bundles right now that will give you the supplies AND some free products, but only until May 31. Just click on either picture below to see what is included in each bundle…including the free products!
Here are the instructions so you’ll be all ready to start creating when your bundle arrives!:
- Stamp Sets – Eastern Beauty (143675)
- Card Stock – Blushing Bride (101650); Very Vanilla (101650); Fresh Fig (144242)
- Stamp Pads – Fresh Fig (144082); Lemon Lime Twist (144086)
- Misc. – Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper (144147); 2017-2019 In Color Stampin’ Write Markers (144033); Very Vanilla Lace Trim (141672)
- Blushing Bride Card Stock 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”
- Fresh Fig Card Stock 5” x 3-1/2”
- Very Vanilla Card Stock 4-3/4” x 3-1/4”
- Designer Series Paper (lemon lime twist) 3-1/4” x 1”
- Designer Series Paper (fresh fig) 3-1/4” x 1”
- Designer Series Paper (gold foil) 4” x 1/2”
- Take 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 piece of Blushing Bride card stock, fold in half, and crease with bone folder to form card base.
- Take 4-3/4 x 3-1/4 Very Vanilla card stock and adhere DSP strips (3-1/4 x 1 each) to left side. Stamp greeting in Fresh Fig. Stamp circle and little accents in Lemon Lime Twist. Use Fresh Fig marker to place accent dot in center of little diamond shapes.
- Adhere to 5 x 3-1/2 Fresh Fig card stock and stick this entire panel to card front. Add specialty DSP (4 x 1/2) piece using Stampin’ Dimensionals on each end. Slip 4” piece of lace trim underneath and tie in knot.
Hope you enjoyed today’s 2 Minute Tool Tip and fun project!