I think I send out more birthday cards than any other type of card. I don’t always want them to say “happy birthday” on the front; I like to change up the sentiments!
Happy Day just shouts FUN to me, whether for a birthday, thinking of you, congratulations, or just because.
This card is another Aly creation, but I changed up a bit to suit my style…you know it has to have buttons or brads!
Whisper White Cardstock (100730) – 5-½” x 8-½”; 3-1/2″ x 2-1/4″
Summer Starfruit Cardstock (126839) – 4” x 5-¼”
Sweet Sorbet DSP (133521) – 3-¾” x 2-½” – free Sale-A-Bration choice
Basic Black Cardstock – 3-5/8” x 2-3/8”
Basic Black Cardstock (121045) – 4” x 1-½”
Stamp Sets and Accessories:
20” Sweet Sorbet Pool Party Twine (133522) – free Sale-A-Bration choice
Petal Parade Stamp Set (wood – 133599, clear-133602)
Happy Day Stamp Set (wood-130294, clear-130297)
Simply Celebrate Stamp Set (wood-133221, clear-133224)
Jet Black StazOn Ink (101406)
Crisp Cantaloupe Ink Pad (131176)
Pistachio Pudding Ink Pad (131177)
Banner Punch (133519) – free Sale-A-Bration choice
1. Fold the Whisper White Cardstock in half and crease with a Bone Folder.
2. Punch out 5 Basic Black Banner shapes – adhere under the Sweet Sorbet DSP with SNAIL Adhesive. I find it is easier to put the middle one down first, and then evenly space out the others.
3. Wrap the Pool Party Twine around the cardstock, tie a bow and adhere unit to the card with SNAIL Adhesive. If you are “bow challenged”, watch my video on how to tie the perfect bow.
4. Stamp “happy day” in Jet Black StazOn Ink.
5. Stamp chevron image in Pistachio Pudding Ink.
6. Stamp flower image in Crisp Cantaloupe Ink.
7. Adhere the stamped Whisper White Cardstock to the Basic Black Cardstock with SNAIL Adhesive.
8. Attach #7 to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.