Oh my…I’m SO glad I got to pre-order some of the fabulous new Occasions products so I can create some fun new samples over the holidays! Making my top five list for sure is the Balloon Adventures stamp set!
These fun projects are sure to bring a big smile to the birthday guy or gal! Instructions, including measurements and supplies, follow.
- Stamp Set: Balloon Adventures (142823) Occasions 2017
- Ink: Calypso Coral (126983), Pool Party (126982), Smoky Slate (131179), Basic Gray (140932)
- Cardstock: Whisper White (100730), Calypso Coral (122925), Pool Party (122924), Basic Gray (121044)
- Other supplies: Balloon Bouquet punch (140609), Neutrals DSP Stack (138435), Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack (Sale A Bration- 143601), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Glue Dots (103683), Paper Snips (103579)
- Calypso Coral- Card base: 5-1/2” x 8-½”, plus scrap, approx. 1-1/2” x 2” for balloon
- Neutrals DSP- 5-1/4” x 4”
- Whisper White CS- 4-1/2” x 2-1/4”, plus scrap approx. 3-1/2” x 1-1/4” for banner
- Pool Party CS- 4” x ¾”, plus scrap approx. 1-1/2” x 2” for balloon
- Basic Gray CS- scrap for balloon approx. 1-1/2” x 2”
- Let’s start by scoring and folding the card base on the long side at 4-1/4”.
- Next, stamp 2 balloons on the top portion of the white strip of cardstock. I stamped the polka dot balloon in smoky slate and the solid balloon in Calypso Coral. I used the masking technique to layer the stamped balloons.
- Then I stamped a balloon in pool party ink on pool party cardstock, calypso coral ink on calypso coral cardstock and basic gray ink on basic gray cardstock. Punch them out using the Balloon Bouquet Punch.
- I stamped the string for the balloons in smoky slate ink before I added the cardstock balloons.
- The pool party and basic gray balloons are added to the white cardstock with snail adhesive and the coral balloon is popped up with a dimensional.
- Stamp a banner using basic gray ink and the sentiment using calypso coral ink. Hand cut the banner using paper snips.
- Add the banner in the middle of the balloons with dimensionals.
- Use snail to adhere the white piece to the striped DSP paper, then adhere the pool party strip towards the bottom.
- Cut a piece of ribbon about 4-3/4” and add it on top of the pool party strip then wrap around the paper and adhere to the back side of the DSP.
- Add the striped DSP piece to the card front using snail.
- Lastly, tie a bow using another piece of ribbon and add that to the card using a glue dot.
- Stamp Sets – Balloon Adventures (142823 – Photopolymer)
- Cardstock – Whisper White (100730); So Saffron (105118); Bermuda Bay (131197); Calypso Coral (122925); Peekaboo Peach (141417)
- Designer Series Paper – Cupcakes & Carousels (142744)
- Stamp Pads – Early Espresso Stampin’ Pad (126974); Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Pad (115655)
- Misc. – White Gift Boxes (142000); Balloon Pop-Up Thinlits Dies (142753); Balloon Bouquet Punch (140609); Bermuda Bay Thick Baker’s Twine (138413); Lace Doilies (142793); Heat Tool (129053); Sponge Brayers (141714); Stampin’ Trimmer (126889); Paper Snips (103579), Big Shot (143263); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755); Fast Fuse (129026)
- Cupcakes & Carousels Designer Series Paper – 2-5/8” x 2-5/8”
- So Saffron Cardstock – 1-1/2” x 1-3/4”
- Calypso Coral Cardstock – 1-1/2” x 1-3/4”
- Peekaboo Peach Cardstock – 1-1/2” x 1-3/4”
- 3 pieces Bermuda Bay Cardstock – 1-1/2” x 1-3/4”
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock – 1-1/2” x 2
- Thin strip Whisper White Cardstock for sentiment
- Add Bermuda Bay ink using a Sponge Brayer. NOTE: You will need to apply several coats of ink to get full coverage without seeing any of the white background. To set the ink, use the Heat Tool on low setting to dry the ink. Without using the Heat Tool, the Gift Box surface is a glossy texture and will take extra time to dry.
- Adhere Cupcakes & Carousels Designer Series Paper to all 4 sides of the Gift Box.
- Assemble the Gift Box per the instructions that come with the kit. Slip on the clear sleeve.
- Center the Tab die from the Balloon Pop-Up Thinlits onto the 1-1/2” x 2” Bermuda Bay cardstock piece and run through the Big Shot. Fold in half. Fold the extensions towards the folded center. Add Fast Fuse to the center fold. This piece will be center tab to hold the balloons.
- Die cut the balloons from each of the So Saffron, Calypso Coral, and Peekaboo Peach cardstock pieces.
- Use the Balloon Bouquet Punch to punch out three large balloons to use as the background layer to the die cut balloons.
- Use the strips from the die cut balloon as the ‘strings’.
- Cut a slit down the middle of the Lace Doilies and slip the Tab die cut up through the center. Adhere to the plastic gift box sleeve using Fast Fuse.
- Glue the assembled balloons to the back of the Tab.
- Wrap Bermuda Bay Thick Baker’s Twine around the box and through the hole created in the Tab two times. Finish with a tied bow in front of the Tab.
- Ink the sentiment from the Balloon Adventures stamp set with Early Espresso and stamp onto a thin strip of Whisper White cardstock. Banner cut the end; and adhere to the center balloon.
All of the new products in the Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalogs will be available to everyone beginning on January 4, 2017. I can’t believe I’m typing 2017!!
As a demonstrator we are always able to pre-order products in upcoming catalogs a month before everyone else! This is one of my most favorite “demo perks”!
Another awesome perk is getting rewarded to our annual Sale-A-Bration promotion which starts on January 4! We can earn free product during this period…AND customers or friends who decide to join me in this fun and crazy world called Stampin’ Up! get up to $100 in extra value in the starter kit during this time…woo hoo!!
I’ll be posting more about this fabulous deal and ALL the benefits of having your own Stampin’ Up! “hobby” OR “business”…there’s really nothing to lose…stay tuned!!