I know a lot of you are looking for places to take those little ones to get the annual bluebonnet picture. Here is a toll free number you can call to find out where the latest awesome blooms can be found and I’ve also included some photography tips I found to help you snap the best photo of your adorable cherub!
Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) – 1-800-452-9292
1. Simplicity works best! Choose solid, bright colors rather than busy patterns – you want the bluebonnets to be the focus!
2. Let your children set the pace – get crazy, laugh, run around – candid shots showing your kids having fun will probably turn out better than stiff, posed pictures!
3. Use your flash on “low” – this will help prevent red eye.
4. Bring along a friend with children – it will make the experience more fun AND you can give each other a helping hand…safety in numbers, so to speak!
5. Take lots of photos instead of trying to capture the “perfect” one.
6. Bring along plenty of snacks, water and perhaps some toys to keep the little ones occupied on “break” time!
7. Remember – the bluebonnet “window” is short so don’t put off your picture-taking!