I am loving the new Carols of Christmas Bundle and today I am sharing two Carols of Christmas Sneak Peek Inspiration Sheets to get your creative juices flowing. I am so excited that my customers can purchase this bundle now! Normally when Stampin' Up! releases a new seasonal catalog only demonstrators enjoy the perk of pre-ordering products. BUT, during the month of August, anyone and everyone can get this fabulous Christmas bundle which will make its appearance in our Holiday Catalog being released on September 1.
When you order this bundle now, you'll have plenty of time to finish your holiday cards before the hustle and bustle of this busy season arrives! These cards showcase totally different styles to highlight the versatility of this bundle.
The first card uses several touches of gold to provide elegance and shimmer. The second card uses a more traditional red and green color combo. I paired one of my favorite reds, Cherry Cobbler, with one of our new 2017-2019 In Colors, Tranquil Tide. This card also has touches of gold in the ribbon and gold foil acetate layer.
You can find supplies, measurements and instructions for both of these cards below. It's so easy to order these products; just click on any picture following the card instructions.
Merry Christmas Card
- Stamp Sets – Carols of Christmas Bundle (146037); Star of Light (142110)
- Card Stock – Thick Very Vanilla (144237); Wild Wasabi (108641)
- Stamp Pads – Versamark Ink (102283)
- Misc. – Gold Foil Paper132622; Card Front Builder (part of the bundle)(144674); Foam Adhesive Strips (141825); Gold Embossing Powder (109129); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755); Heat Tool (129053)
- Thick Very Vanilla: 8 1/2” x 5 1/2” 4” x 5 1/4”
- Gold Foil: 4” x 5 1/4” scraps for deer
- Wild Wasabi: 3” x 4” scraps (banner)
- Use your Vanilla Mat to use the frame builder part to make the edges around your card. Make sure to line up at the top so it’s square but as close as you can so they both fit. Turn and do the other end.
- Cut out trees in Wild Wasabi. You’ll need two of the double tree and one of the single tree.
- Cut out two deer using the Gold Foil
- I used the swirl image from Star of Light set and Versamark across the trees and sprinkled with Gold Embossing Powder and heat set with my Heat Tool.
- Add trees and deer to the card using Tombo Multi Glue
- I stamped the Merry Christmas from Star of Light in Versamark after I build my card so I could see where to add the sentiment
- I added a few Stars from the Carols of Christmas Set and embossed in gold as well.
- I attached the Thick decorated Mat to the gold mat and made sure it was straight. Then attached to the card using the Foam Strips.
Deck the Halls Card
- Stamp Set – Carols of Christmas (w-144801, c-144804)
- Cardstock – Cherry Cobbler (119685), Very Vanilla (101650), Tranquil Tide (144246)
- Stamp Pads – Cherry Cobbler (126966); Tranquil Tide (144085)
- Misc. – 3/8” Metallic-Edge Ribbon Gold (144146), Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate (141653), SNAIL Adhesive (104331)
- Cherry Cobbler: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Tranquil Tide: 5 ½” x 2 ¼”, 2 5/8” x 4 1/8”
- Very Vanilla: 2 ½” x 4”
- Foil Acetate piece: 3” x 5 ½”
- Ribbon: 6 ½” piece
- Fold Cherry Cobbler Cardstock in half to create card base.
- Using Cherry Cobbler ink, stamp “Deck the Halls” on Very Vanilla piece and layer onto Tranquil Tide mat piece.
- Using Cherry Cobbler ink, stamp small flower and small dots on each side of sentiment. Using Tranquil Tide ink, stamp 2 sets of leaves around flower on each side of sentiment.
- Using SNAIL, adhere the foil acetate to card base. Be sure to run your SNAIL in the middle of the piece so once you put the next layer on top the SNAIL will not show through.
- Using SNAIL, attach ribbon to the long Tranquil Tide piece and attach to card base, on top of foil acetate.
- Attach stamped sentiment unit to card base.
Don't forget about a service I offer every year for the holidays. I will help you design your holiday cards and we'll start with a complimentary one hour design session (in person if you live near me, or on the phone or via skype if you live away) to help you figure out exactly what type of card you would like. Sometimes it just takes verbalizing your thoughts and ideas with someone else to put it all into perspective. I'd love to help you achieve the perfect card so please do email me and let's get the ball rolling!
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you've enjoyed my Carols of Christmas Sneak Peek Inspiration Sheets!