Hey stampers! Today’s sample is a Copper Carols of Christmas card. Even though it is still summer here in Texas, my customers are already asking for Christmas card ideas! The “busy-ness” of the holidays seems to start earlier each year so it’s never a bad idea to start thinking of ideas and purchasing supplies.
I absolutely love all our coordinating copper products and I think they add just the right amount of dazzle to this card.
I’ve included both Copper Trim and Copper Foil in my supply list. Copper trim is used here, but you could easily use Copper Foil if you prefer! Having choices is one of the things I love about Stampin’ Up! products. We offer a wide range of colors and style to suit anyone’s taste. Feel free to “case” any project I post. If you like, change it up to fit your particular style!
Every year I offer a free one on one Christmas Card consultation service to get your creative juices flowing. You and I will sit down in person for an hour and discuss ideas to come up with the perfect solution for your needs. If you don’t live local to me, we can set up a phone call or skype chat. Please do give me a shout. Together we’ll design the perfect project!
Here are the instructions, including measurements and the rest of the products used for today’s card.
- Stamp Sets – Carols of Christmas (144801–Wood mount; 144804–Clear mount)
- Cardstock – Whisper White (100730); Garden Green (102584); Cherry Cobbler (119685); Copper Foil Sheets (142020)
- Designer Series Paper – Be Merry Designer Series Paper (144111)
- Stamp Pads – VersaMark (102283)
- Misc. – ¼” Copper Trim (144179); Copper Embossing Powder (141636); Layering Squares Framelits Dies (141708); Pretty Pines Thinlits (141851); Sparkle Textured Embossing Folder (141468); Heat Tool (129053); Stampin’ Trimmer (126889); Paper Snips (103579), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755); Fast Fuse (129026); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Mini Glue Dots (103683); Embossing Buddy (103083); Stampin’ Scrub (126200; Stampin’ Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (143263)
- Whisper White Cardstock – 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”
- Whisper White Cardstock – 5-1/2” x 4-1/4”
- Garden Green Cardstock – 3-1/4” x 3-1/4”
- Cherry Cobbler Cardstock – 2-1/2” x 1-1/2”
- Cherry Cobbler Patterned paper – 5-1/2” x 1-1/4”
- White/Garden Green Patterned paper – 3-1/4” x 3-1/4”
- Copper Trim – 6″ x 1/4”
- Run the 5-1/2” x 4-1/4” Whisper White with the Sparkle Embossing folder through the Big Shot. NOTE: Do not adhere to the card front until Step 4.
- Adhere the Cherry Cobbler Designer Series paper strip to the Sparkle Embossed layer using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Layer the Copper Trim over the Cherry Cobbler patterned paper edge and adhere the ends to the backside of the Sparkle Embossed layer.
- Adhere the Sparkle embossed layer to the Whisper White card front.
- Ink the Deck the Halls image from the Carols of Christmas set with VersaMark ink and stamp onto the White/Garden Green patterned paper piece. Cover with Copper Embossing Powder and set with the Heat Tool. Let cool. Die cut with a Layering Square Framelits Die.
- Die cut the Garden Green cardstock square with the largest scallop Layering Squares Framelits die.
- Adhere the copper embossed layer to the Garden Green scalloped square and set with Stampin’ Dimensionals onto the card front.
- Die cut the largest bow from the Pretty Pines Thinlits using the Big Shot. Adhere to the sentiment layer using a Mini Glue Dot.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed my Copper Carols of Christmas project!