Hey stampers-the project I have for you today is a Diagonal Fold Birthday Card made with Cool Treats Stamp Set. We can never have enough birthday cards…right?!
If you're ready to try a new fold to take your cards up a notch, this one is pretty easy and my detailed instructions below will get you started. If you need to order any supplies, just click on any picture following the instructions.
- Stamp Sets – Cool Treats (142982)
- Card Stock – Watermelon Wonder (138334); Peekaboo Peach (141417); Whisper White (100730)
- Stamp Pads – Watermelon Wonder (138323); Peekaboo Peach (141398); Pool Party (126982); Pear Pizzazz (131180); Crumb Cake (126975); Chocolate Chip (126979)
- Misc. – Tasty Treats Designer Series paper (DSP) (142770); Pool Party Stitched Satin Ribbon (141961); Frozen Treats Framelits Dies (142756); Dimensionals (104430); Big Shot (143263); Stampin’ Trimmer (126889); Tear & Tape (138995)
- Tasty Treats DSP: 12” x 4” scored at 4” and 8”, then diagonally on each end in the same direction
- Peekaboo Peach card stock: 3” square
- Watermelon Wonder card stock: 3-1/4” square
- White card stock: 3” square, 2-3/4” square and scrap for ice cream
- Pool Party ribbon: 18”
- Cut and score DSP (see measurements).
- On white card stock scrap, stamp waffle cone in Crumb Cake, ice-cream scoop in pool party with Chocolate Chip drip over the top, Pear Pizzazz spoon and Watermelon Wonder strawberry with Pear Pizzazz top. Cut out pieces with framelits and Big Shot. Cut off bottom of cone with scissors to create waffle bowl.
- Ink up “Happiest Birthday” in Peekaboo Peach, then along the top in Watermelon Wonder. Stamp at top of 2-3/4” square. Layer on top of Peekaboo Peach.
- Assemble waffle ice cream bowl on birthday square using dimensionals.
- Stamp “I hope your birthday…” in Watermelon Wonder at the top of 3” square and then sprinkles in the other colors around the edges. Layer on Watermelon Wonder square, then into center square of DSP.
- Fold both outside triangle edges of DSP backwards, then fold both sides in, covering inside sentiment.
- Wrap ribbon around folded card and tie in a bow on side opposite the ice cream on your Peach layer.
- Lay a strip of Tear & Tape across the flat front of ribbon.
- Apply adhesive only on one BACK CORNER of Peekaboo Peach Birthday layer. This should be the same as the corner that will open to the left side of card (see image above) This corner will also be adhered to the Tear & Tape on the ribbon! Adhere to front of card as shown.
Give this Diagonal Fold Birthday Card made with Cool Treats Stamp Set a try! I think you'll love the results! Here's another fun, bright birthday card I made that you might also enjoy!
p.s. If you are always looking for a good bargain, check out the Stampin' Up! Clearance Rack-new items were just added!