Happy Monday! It's so hard to believe that May is less than a week away! I truly don't know how that can be. May is a time for graduations and I'm hearing many are going to be celebrated in person this year…hooray! Do you have/know a 2021 graduate? Today I wanted to share some fun DIY graduation gift ideas and a card idea that would be perfect for your favorite grad girl!
- a photo collage – you can find some inexpensive frames at the “dollar” stores. You can personalize with a little paint and embellishments and turn an ordinary frame into a treasured keepsake.
- Repurpose a push-pop holder (wash and dry of course) – fill with confetti and some cash and let your graduate have a fun confetti “explosion”.
- Decorate some spiral notebooks with pretty patterned paper – decorate a matching pen and they'll be all ready to take notes on their first job or first college class!
- Make an origami money cap (https://sugarandcharm.com/origami-money-graduation-caps-and-tassels)
- Cook them a special dinner with all their favorite foods.
If you have a fun idea, leave it in the comments section for everyone to enjoy!
Below is a special card, so if you have/know a 2021 graduate, check it out. This card can also be used for other occasions. Many of the products will be featured in our new annual Stampin' Up!® catalog, going “live” for customers on May 4! (of course, there are still a few days to check out owning your own Stampin' Up!® business and getting these awesome products early)!
- Stamp Sets – Hydrangea Haven Bundle (159519)
- Card Stock – Fresh Freesia (155613), Polished Pink (155712), Evening Evergreen (155574), Basic White (159276), Soft Succulent (155776)
- Stamp Pads – Fresh Freesia (155611), Polished Pink (155712), Soft Succulent (155778)
- Misc. – Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine (149653), Rhinestone Basic Jewels (144220), 2021-2023 In Color Jewels (155571), Simply Elegant Trim (155766), Stampin' Spritzers (126185), Basic Patterns Decorative Masks (150697), Shimmery White Finish Embossing Paste (145645), Palette Knives (142808), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- Fresh Freesia: 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Evening Evergreen: 3″ x 5 1/2″
- Basic White: 2 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Place the Polka Dot Decorative Mask on the Basic White cardstock. Use a Palette Knife to add the Shimmery Paste to the card by applying it over the mask and scraping off the excess. Let dry. Adhere the layer to the Evening Evergreen cardstock then add both to the card.
- Press the Fresh Freesia and the Polished Pink ink pads into a larger Stampin' Block. Spritz the block with water until the colours start to mix together. Press the circular background stamp onto the block to pick up the colour, then stamp it on Basic White cardstock. Do this a few times so you can use it for the smaller flowers. Let dry.
- Cut out using the coordinating Die.
- Stamp the stem and leaves onto a piece of Soft Succulent cardstock, then cut out using the coordinating die.
- Cut out the detailed leaves and stem using die with the Evening Evergreen cardstock. Adhere it to the Soft Succulent cardstock.
- Tie a piece of the Trim around the stem in a knot and then a bow.
- Add the flower and the stem to the card using Dimensionals.
- Use the extra coloured cardstock to cut out small flower, then adhere them to the card using Glue Dots.
- Add Rhinestones to the center of the small flowers.
- Add some In Color Jewels to the card.
Thanks for popping in today!