Hey stampers! Now I know, when you think about making Valentine’s Day cards, red, pink and white usually come to mind, but not…GREEN!
I’ve got a whole new twist to show you today. My stamping team and a lot of customers were part of a big event here yesterday and I think you’ll love two of our projects that show off Emerald Envy and Mint Macaron; two of Stampin’ Up!’s shades of green. One of my favorite things to do is to use “non-standard” colors on “traditional” holidays for fun effects. I hope you enjoy a new idea for Valentine’s Day. 🙂
You only use one 6″ x 6″ piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) for both cards! That means you can get 96 cards out of one DSP Stack…talk about stretching your supplies!
Instructions and supply list follow. One note, although Stampin’ Up! does not presently sell the little 3″ x 3″ envelopes, here are some alternatives:
- Use an Envelope Punch Board to create your own, either out of neutral cardstock or out of matching DSP. You cannot mail these but this size of note card is perfect for a a note to be hand delivered. These would be perfect for classroom Valentines, just substitute the “Happy Valentine’s Day” sentiment in the stamp set and have your child sign.
- If I want to mail this size I create my “pretty envelope” with my Envelope Punch Board and then I put it inside of one of our clear envelopes to mail. These clear envelopes are only $5.00 for 50 envelopes!Depending upon your post office you could pay a little more in postage but I don’t mind…my card recipients are worth a few additional cents!
- If you want to just purchase a supply of envelopes, click here.
I’ll be sharing more Valentine projects and tips throughout the week, so be sure to visit often!
- Stamp Set: Sealed with Love Bundle
- Paper: Sending Love Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack, Real Red , Emerald Envy, and Whisper White Cardstock
- Ink pads: Real Red, Mint Macaron
- Miscellaneous: SNAIL Adhesive, Emerald Envy Bakers Twine, Fine-Tip Glue Pen, Sending Love Embellishments
- Sending Love DSP: 6″ x 6″ piece cut to 3″ x 3″
- Whisper White layer on front: 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ (you can also put a layer this size inside of card)
- Real Red scrap to die-cut arrow
- Emerald Envy scrap to die-cut heart
- Cut two arrows using Big Shot and Real Red scrap
- Fold DSP in half
- Stamp “hello love” sentiment on Whisper White layer using Mint Macaron ink and attach to front of DSP card base.
- Attach arrow and bow with Fine-Tip Glue Pen
- Stamp I Love You sentiment with Real Red ink onto Whisper White layer.
- Stamp bold “swipe” using Mint Macaron ink and attach to DSP card base.
- Cut out heart with Big Shot using Emerald Envy scrap and attach to front with Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
- Attach second red arrow and wood heart embellishment using Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
To order the products used for these two notecards, simply click on a picture below and go right to my online ordering site.