I’ve got an easy Explosion Fun Fold DIY Birthday Card that has a pop up inside! In the video below, I’ll be using the Design A Daydream Designer Series Paper from Stampin’ Up!® The best thing about this paper is you can’t buy it! WHAT? Why is that a good thing? You can get it free as a Stampin’ Reward, for a qualifying order or as a party host. This 12″ x 12″ paper pack has 48 sheets, with 4 of 12 different patterns. You’ll see several of these when you watch the video. You’ll also be able to see my supplies and cutting instructions after the video. Here’s a sneak peek of the card:
I use the adorable Happy Hedgehog stamp set in the video and I give you a helpful tip for how to stamp a hedgehog that faces the opposite direction.
This explosion fun fold isn’t just for cardmaking. You can add it as an interactive element in your scrapbooking layouts, too. I love teaching techniques that are so versatile.
Whether you’ve been stamping for ages or have just been introduced to this fun hobby, I think you’ll enjoy the video of my Explosion Fun Fold DIY Birthday Card.
I’s love to see the Fun Fold Card you create. Please share here in the comments or email it to me.
- Blackberry Bliss cardstock: 4 1/2″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″ – this will be your card base; scrap for punching 2″ circle
- Basic White cardstock: 4 1/2″ x 5 3/8″ – first layer on card base
- Designer Series Paper: 4″ x 5 1/4″ – top layer on card base
- Petal Pink cardstock: scrap for punching 2″ circle
- Designer Series Paper: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (2) – I used 2 of the same pattern
- Designer Series Paper (for explosion pop up inside of card): 6″ x 6″
- Petal Pink: 2 7/8″ x 2 7/8″ (2)
- Basic White: 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ (2)
TIP: as I show in the video, you will make three score lines on the Designer Series Paper used for the explosion pop up on the inside of the card. Place the paper in your Paper Trimmer and the first score line will be vertically at the 3″ mark. For the second score, you will rotate the paper 90 degrees and score again vertically at the 3″ mark. For the third score you will turn your paper on the diagonal and score from point to point. You will be able to see me do each step in the video.
I hope you enjoy making a Explosion Fun Fold DIY Birthday Card or using the explosion pop up technique in your scrapbooking layouts.