Hello stamping peeps! Thanks for popping in. I have a new tip today, Fresh Eyes On Your Crafting Supplies – Less Is More. I don't know about you, but sometimes I forget a rule of thumb I've heard forever about makeup; less is more! Did your mom ever tell you this? Perhaps you've told your own daughter this tip? Well, the same thing can apply to crafting.
Notice there are three different types of ribbon on the front of this card, but just small pieces of each type. I love ALL my ribbon, but it certainly goes farther if I don't always tie it around the entire card and end with a bow. Same thing holds for Designer Series Paper; sometimes less is more! I think the small piece of paper on this card actually works better than if a much larger piece had been used. Do you agree? Would love for you to leave a comment below and tell me your thoughts.
Here are the instructions, measurements and supply list for today's Fresh Eyes On Your Crafting Supplies – Less Is More project. If you need to order any supplies, click here to go to my online store. There are tons of great new products in the Holiday Catalog!
- Stamp Sets – Good Tidings (144870)
- Card Stock –Tranquil Tide (144246); Pool Party (122924); Very Vanilla (101650); Pear Pizzazz (131201)
- Stamp Pads – Tranquil Tide (144085); Pear Pizzazz (131180)
- Misc. – Painted Autumn DSP (144613); Everyday Label Punch (144668); Tranquil Tide 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon (144136); Black Mini Sequin Trim (144259); 7/8” Striped Ribbon (144624); Black Rhinestone Jewels (144639); Stamping Sponges (141337); SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Pool Party: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Tranquil Tide: 1 7/8” x 5 1/2″
- Very Vanilla: 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Pear Pizzazz: scrap for Everyday Label Punch
- Painted Autumn DSP: 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ (x2)
- Stamp sentiment in Tranquil Tide ink on Very Vanilla cardstock. Sponge edges with Pear Pizzazz ink using Stamping Sponges. Add Tranquil Tide ink in the lower right corner with the Stamping Sponges. Add Black Rhinestones.
- Using the Everyday Label Punch, punch out an image using Pear Pizzazz cardstock.
- Assemble the rest of the card.