Fresh Eyes On Your Crafting Supplies – Wink of Stella
Hey Stampers! Hope you all had a great weekend and if you live in south Texas, please know my family and I are praying! Stampin' Up! has also posted on our demonstrator site that they are ready to help any demo adversely affected by the hurricane. I just love this company and their huge heart!
So, today's tip is for your Wink of Stella Glitter Brush. You have one, right?
This fabulous tool lets you apply glitter preciously where you want it on a project.
Notice the sparkle on the daisies? Yep, Wink of Stella!
I use this great little tool all the time. And, sometimes I can see there is glitter solution in the barrel (I hold it up to the light and can easily see how much is left) but it won't come out. So, how do I get it out and not waste one little drop?
Unscrew the barrel and then take a pair of needle-nosed pliers and gently twist off the little, black ring. The inside barrel will come out and you'll have an opening in the barrel. Fill up the barrel about half-way with 91% rubbing alcohol. I like to use the 91% because it will dry very quickly! I don't like to wait to have a finished product! Insert the little insert back into the barrel and screw the brush back on. Put the cap on and give it a few good shakes. You'll now be able to get the rest of the glitter out of the tube!
If you'd like to create today's card, here are the instructions. All the supplies may be purchased anytime at my online store.
- Stamp Sets – Delightful Daisy (143669 ); Eastern Beauty (143675)
- Card Stock – Perfect Plum (101889; Wild Wasabi (108641); Whisper White (100730); Crushed Curry (131199)
- Stamp Pads – Perfect Plum (126963); Pear Pizzazz (131180); Crushed Curry (131173)
- Misc. –Big Shot (143263); Garden Trellis Embossing Folder (143741) Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (141897); Stampin Dimensionals (104430); Daisy Punch (143713); ½ Circle Punch (119869);
- Card Stock: Perfect Plum 8 ½ x 11, folded in half, Scrap for the daisies
- Whisper White 3 x 4”
- Wild Wasabi 3 ¼ x 4 ¼”
- Crushed Curry scrap for circles
- Score and fold the Perfect Plum
- Run the embossing folder thru the Big Shot
- Stamp the daisies on the scrap Perfect Plum, then punch out
- Cut the daisies in half
- Using the scrap of Crushed Curry, stamp the circle image and then punch out
- Using Wild Wasabi ink, tamp the stem on the Whisper White
- Stamp the sentiment on the bottom
- Add Dimensionals to the bottom layer and adhere the layers together.
- Adhere the daisies on top of the stem. Adhere the circles to the daisies
- Add Wink of Stella
I hope today's post, Fresh Eyes On Your Crafting Supplies – Wink of Stella, taught you something and gave you a new project idea! If you missed last week's “fresh eyes” tip, you can read it here.