Today my featured project shows you some Halloween “spooky fun”. One of my demonstrator friends shared this card with me; I LOVE LOVE how she used the Swirly Scribble Thinlits Dies and the Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper to create a fun focal point for the flying witch.
Here's what you'll need to make this card: use what you already own, order what you need…just click a pic…easy… peasy…done!
- Stamp Sets – Spooky Fun (142236)
- Cardstock – Whisper White (100730); Basic Black (121045), Basic Gray (121044), Pumpkin Pie (105117), Smoky Slate (131202)
- Paper – Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper (142022), Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper (142029)
- Stamp Pads – Archival Basic Gray (140932), Archival Basic Black (140931)
- Misc. – Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies (141497), Halloween Scenes Edgelits Dies (141842), Halloween Night Baker’s Twine (142027), Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder (109130), Heat Tool (129053), Stampin’ Trimmer (126889); Big Shot (143263), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)
- Whisper White – 4-1/4” x 11”
- Basic Gray – 5-1/4” x 4”
- Halloween Night Specialty Paper – 5-1/8” x 3-7/8”
- Basic Black – 4-1/4” x 2-3/4”
- Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper – 3” x 3-1/8”
- Smokey Slate Cardstock – 1-5/8” x 1”
- Pumpkin Pie Cardstock – scrap piece for words
Score the Whisper White card base at 5 ½” and fold in half.
Ink up the solid Witch from the Spooky Fun stamp set with Archival Basic Black ink, stamp onto the Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper, and cover with Clear Embossing Powder. Tap off excess powder and set using the Heat Tool on high making sure to move the heat tool to the next area as the powder melts. NOTE: if you overheat the embossing powder, it will eventually melt into the paper and will not give you the shine and raised texture of the image. Let cool.
Adhere the Designer Paper to the Basic Gray cardstock piece; and add to the front of the card base.
Die cut the Spooky tree from the Basic Black cardstock piece using the Halloween Scenes Edgelits Die. Make sure to position the die close to the top edge so that your ground level has some height. Only add liquid glue to the ground portion of the die and add to the bottom of the matted layer on the card. NOTE: Not adding glue to the tree allows for it to pop up on its own and reflect a “spooky” shadow effect.
Tie some Pumpkin Pie/Basic Black Baker’s Twine around the tree and finish with a bow.
Die cut a Swirly Scribbles Thinlit from the Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper and center it around the embossed Witch; adhering with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
Stamp the tombstones image from the Spooky Fun stamp set onto the Smoky Slate cardstock with Archival Basic Gray ink. Die cut with the coordinating framelit from the Halloween Scenes Edgelits Dies. Add to the Spooky tree with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Stamp the sentiment with Archival Basic Gray ink onto a scrap piece of Pumpkin Pie. Use Paper Snips to cut the sentiment into blocks and position onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
One more thing; and it deserves a big WOO HOO!!!
Five pages of NEW clearance items have just been added at my online store! Check out all the amazing deals right now before you forget and they are gone!
Thanks so much for stopping by today for some Halloween spooky fun, and…….