Happy Friday! My youngest grandcherub is obsessed with these magical creatures. I'm sure she is just waiting for the day one appears on her doorstep to take her on an adventure! Sometimes I think we adults need to get back some of the “magic” from our childhoods. Like, laying in the front yard, looking up at the clouds and finding all sorts of creatures romping around in the sky…maybe even unicorns!
Have you seen the whimsical images in the Magical Day Stamp Set from Stampin' Up!?
Aren't these fun?? My share today uses the unicorn and I can't wait to stamp some of these with my little grand!
The Myths & Magic Glimmer Paper adds a bit of “pop” and I think sets off the unicorn perfectly! The Whisper White square, cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies adds another little bit of detail on this whimsical card.
In addition to the stamp set and glimmer paper, this suite of products also has Washi Tape, Designer Series Paper, and Framelits (the framelits can be purchased as part of a bundle, in wood or clear mount, for a 10% savings!).
If you have any unicorn lovers in your home, here are the instructions so you can make some magical cards, too!
- Stamp Sets – Magical Day Bundle (wood 145984, 145985 clear); Thoughtful Banners (141614)
- Card Stock – Bermuda Bay (131197); Whisper White (100730)
- Stamp Pads – Tuxedo Black Memento (132708); Bermuda Bay (131171); Pumpkin Pie (126945)
- Misc. – Picture Perfect Party 6”x6” Designer Paper (145559); Myths & Magic Glimmer Paper 6”x6” (145601); Big Shot (143263); Stitched Shapes Framelits (145372); Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends Combo (144599); Brights Stampin’ Write Markers (131259); 2017-2019 In Color Stampin’ Write Markers (144033); Duet Banner Punch (141483); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Bermuda Bay (base): 5 ½” x 8 ½”, folded in half
- Designer Paper (triangle pattern): 4” x 5 ¼”
- Whisper White: 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”, 3” x 3” plus scraps
- Glimmer Paper (turquoise): 2 ¾” x 2 ¾”
- Adhere the designer paper to the 4 1/8” x 5 3/8” Whisper White cardstock. Adhere these layers to the card base.
- Die cut the 2nd largest square from the Stitched Shapes Framelits using the 3” x 3” piece of Whisper White cardstock. Adhere the square to the Glimmer Paper using Dimensionals.
- Stamp the unicorn image using Memento ink on Whisper White scrap cardstock. Color in the unicorn’s body using the Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends Combo. Color in the unicorn’s mane and tail using the Bermuda Bay and Lemon Lime Twist markers as shown. Die cut the image using the coordinating framelit. Adhere the unicorn to upper portion of the stitched square using Dimensionals.
- Stamp the banner image using Bermuda Bay ink on Whisper White scrap cardstock. Curve the photopolymer greeting “Oh Happy Day” on your clear block. Stamp the greeting inside the banner using Pumpkin Pie ink. Punch the banner image using the Duet Banner Punch. Adhere the punched banner to the lower portion of the stitched square using Dimensionals.