Wanted to share a Hello Honey card sample today. While this was not one of my most favorite 2014-2016 In Colors, it kind of grew on me the more I used it. You might notice another retiring In Color, Mossy Meadow, in this project. Enjoy! If you'd like to add any of the products used in today's project, just click on the pictures below.
Be sure to check out some important dates at the end of the post…don't want you to miss out on anything!
- Stamp Set: Birthday Blooms (140658)
- Inks: Versamark (102283), Hello Honey (133643), Mossy Meadow(133645)
- Paper: Hello Honey (133678), Very Vanilla (101650), Farmers Market Designer Paper (138448)
- Other: Clear Embossing Powder (109130), Heat Tool (129053), Wink of Stella brush – clear (141897), 1 1/2” Circle Punch (138299), 2” Circle Punch (133782), 2 1/2” Circle Punch (120906), Sponge Daubers (133773), Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon (134550), Gold Metallic Thread (138401), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Fast Fuse Adhesive (129026), Glue Dots (103683)Measurements: Very Vanilla card stock: scrap piece; Hello Honey card stock: scrap piece; 3 patterns of choice from DSP: scrap pieces
- Hello Honey card stock: 5 ½” x 8 ½”, score at 4 ¼”
- Very Vanilla card stock: scrap piece; Hello Honey card stock: scrap piece
- 3 patterns of choice from DSP: scrap pieces
- Stamp small flower image in a random fashion on the lower portion of the folded Hello Honey card base using Versamark ink. Cover with Clear Embossing Powder, tap off the excess and use the Heat Tool to emboss images.
- With a sponge dauber, burnish the embossed images with Hello Honey ink (rub ink over and around them to make them show up on the card front). Wipe off excess ink with a tissue or soft cloth.
- Stamp small flower image once on the Very Vanilla scrap with Versamark ink. Emboss as above with Clear Powder.
- Use sponge daubers to add color to the embossed flower as shown, using the same technique as in step 2. Add color lightly and build to deepen.
- Color flower in with the Clear Wink of Stella brush. Punch out image with the 2” Circle Punch.
- Add Fast Fuse to the back of the punched flower image, then take the length of Gold Metallic Thread and loop it around your fingers, creating a circle of gold thread. Adhere the side with the open ends to the Fast Fuse on the back of the punched flower image.
- Punch out 3 circles of different sizes from your choice of 3 pieces of Farmers Market Designer Series Paper.
- Punch out a 1 1/2” circle from the Hello Honey card stock scrap piece. Discard. With the 2” Circle Punch, punch around the opening created by the 1 1/2” Circle Punch to create a ‘ring’ of Hello Honey.
- Adhere the punched circles as shown to the card front with Fast Fuse.
- Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the punched flower image and adhere to the card front as shown.
- Tie a bow with the Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon. Trim the ends in flags. Adhere to the card front as shown with Glue Dots.
Thanks for popping in today!
Sale-a-Bration catalog freebies available until March 31 (TOMORROW), 2016 view online click HERE
Occasions Catalog available until May 31, 2016 view online click HERE
Weekly Deals until April 4, 2016 click HERE
Clearance Rack, click HERE