Hey Stampers! A question I get all the time is, “How do I use my watercolor pencils in some new ways”? Today's project uses the Daisy Lane Stamp Set, Watercolor Pencils, and sponge daubers to create a colorful card, adding a white pencil for a unique effect. Although this is a birthday card, just use any sentiment you like.
Supplies, measurements, and instructions follow. To order any supplies you see here, just click on a picture below.
- Stamps: Daisy Lane Cling Stamp Set  , Special Someone Photopolymer Stamp Set 
- Cardstock: Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock  , Cinnamon Cider 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock 
- Ink: Jet Black Stāzon Ink Pad  , Cinnamon Cider Classic Stampin' Pad  , Misty Moonlight Classic Stampin' Pad 
- Miscellaneous: Watercolor Pencils  , Watercolor Pencils Assortment 2  , Sponge Daubers  , Stampin' Seal  , Lovely Labels Pick A Punch  , 2020–2022 In Color Enamel Dots  , Stampin' Dimensionals  , Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint  , Clear Block D  , Water Painters 
- Cinnamon Cider: 8 ½” x 5 ½”” and 5” x 3 ¾”
- Whisper White: 4” x 5 ¼” and ½” x 2 ¾”
- Fold 8 ½” x 5 ½” Cinnamon Cider in half to create card base. Stamp fern image randomly around the edges of card using Cinnamon Cider ink pad.
- Tap sponge dauber into the Cinnamon Cider ink pad and sponge edges of Whisper White card stock. Use Stampin' Seal to adhere to front of card.
- Stamp flowers and leaves onto 5” x 3 ¾” Cinnamon Cider card stock using Black Stazon ink pad.
- Color flowers and leaves with Watercolor Pencils in desired colors. Add white watercolor pencil on flower tips and edges, blending with Water Painter. Add dots of the white pencil in flower centers.
- Ink sponge dauber with Cinnamon Cider ink pad and sponge edges of the Cinnamon Cider card stock layer; adhere to front of card.
- Stamp sentiment from “Special Someone” with Misty Moonlight ink onto the ½” x 2 ¾” piece of Whisper White card stock and cut with Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. Sponge edges with Cinnamon Cider ink and place on card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Lightly spritz Champagne Shimmer Mist Paint onto card (add a few drops of paint to 70% rubbing alcohol to create a spray).