Hey Stampers! I’m here today to share a tip that stems from a customer question I get asked all of the time. How do I use Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Paper? I have so many peeps who buy the paper packs and then just hoard it. They tell me, “I can’t bear to cut it up”! While I totally get that sentiment, I want them to not just buy, but to USE it! So, my tip today is to use the Designer Series Paper (DSP) as a layer on your project.
I personally think that black and white can be used with just about any other colors and really sets apart your stamped focal point.
This sheet is actually from a FREE Sale-A-Bration gift, the Botanical Butterfly DSP. Just look at the pretty patterns on this paper. My project today could use the black polka dot or striped black and white patterns as well.
Here are a few more samples using the same free paper pack. It is so versatile…and free with a $50 order (before tax and shipping)! If you’d like to purchase products so you can get this paper free, please click HERE to go to my online store.
I’ve included the instructions and product list for today’s project below.
- Stamp Sets – Vibrant Vases (148656);
- Card Stock – Whisper White Thick (140272)
- Stamp Pads – Memento Tuxedo Black (132708); Pool Party (147107); Granny Apple Green (147095); Gorgeous Grape (147099)
- Misc. –SAB Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper (149622); Silver Metallic Thread (138402); Glitter Enamel Dots (146934); Big Shot (143263); Stitched Labels Framelits (146828); Stitched Shapes Framelits (145372); Vases Builder Punch (147040); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Mini Glue Dots (103683); Mini Dimensionals (144108)
- Whisper White Thick: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” (score 4-1/4”); & 3” x 4” – (x2)
- SAB Botanical Butterfly DSP: 5-1/4” x 4”
- Metal Thread Ribbon: 20”
- Score Whisper White card base at 4-1/4”, fold in half to create card base.
- Adhere the DSP to the card base.
- With the 2nd largest Stitched Circle and the tag from Stitched Labels and the 3”x4” piece of Whisper White, run through Big Shot and die cut both pieces.
- With Memento Tuxedo Black ink, stamp the greeting image on the white tag.
- With the 3”x4’ piece of Whisper White, ink the vase with Pool Party, the leaves with Granny Apple Green. Ink the outline image of the tulips with Memento Black and then the inside tulip image with Gorgeous Grape. Punch all shapes with the Vase Builder punch.
- Adhere the Silver Metallic Thread to the circle with adhesive.
- Assemble the vase and flowers and tulips with mini glue dots and Mini Dimensionals; then adhere to the circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Adhere the greeting tag with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add a few of the Gorgeous Grape Glitter Enamel Dots.
If I can help at all, please let me know!