Today is Earth Day! Let's hear it for GREEN! First held on April 22, 1970 Earth Day became an annual event to demonstrate support for the environment. If you were alive during the 1970's, you'll probably remember them for changing times and “counterculture”. Remember the Bob Dylan song, The Times They Are A Changin'?
I was a college student at the University of California, Davis at the time and spent the day with many other students on our “Quad” catching some rays and skipping class…ha! “Earth shoes” had been introduced earlier in April and became quite popular throughout the seventies and beyond. My husband even wore a pair at our wedding in 1986!
SO, in the spirit of Earth Day and “Let's Hear It For GREEN”, here's a simple, yet elegant card that uses on of our new In Colors, Evening Evergreen. The tone in this color is so rich and deep, I know it is going to become one of my “go to” greens, especially for my Christmas projects.
In case you'd like to create this card, I've listed everything below including the supplies, measurements, and instructions. You'll be able to order the new stamp set, along with the other new products listed here on May 4. If you want to get your hands on them now, you can join my Stampin' Up!® team and order them now, ahead of the crowd. That is one of my favorite “perks” of being a Stampin' Up!® demonstrator. Email me if you'd like to know more…no pressure or commitment, just info!
- Stamp Sets – Elegantly Said (155095)*
- Card Stock – Very Vanilla (101652), Evening Evergreen (155574), Gold Foil Sheets (132622)
- Stamp Pads – Evening Evergreen (155576), Versamark (102283)
- Misc. – Elegant Tag Punch (155762)*; Metallics Stampin’ Emboss Powders (155555); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Stampin’ Seal (152813); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755); Rectangle Stitched Dies (151820); Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653); Heat Tool (129053)
- *available together in discounted bundle (155753)
- Very Vanilla: 5.5” x 8.5”, scrap
- Evening Evergreen: 3.75” x 5”
- Gold Foil – scrap to fit punch, ¼” x 5.5”, ¼” x 4.25”
- Fold Very Vanilla cardstock in half to create card base
- Adhere two strips of Gold Foil to cardfront as per sample
- Stamp flourish twice in Versamark on Evening Evergreen cardstock, coat with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat with Heat Tool until powder melts. Adhere onto cardfront over Gold Foil strips
- Punch Elegant Tag from scrap of Gold Foil
- Stamp sentiment in Evening Evergreen onto scrap Very Vanilla, die cut with smallest Rectangle Stitched Die. Adhere onto Gold Elegant Tag, then to cardfront with Stampin’ Dimensionals