Magical Mermaid Stampin' Up! Style
Hey stampers! In keeping with yesterday's “weather related” post, today's project features a Magical Mermaid!
When my middle granddaughter was very young I used to tell her we had mermaids visit our swimming pool after we had all gone to bed. She was always asking if we could go down and see them. Now she's older and wiser and just rolls her eyes when I mention it!
If you love to color, this card is totally up your alley. The “smooshing” technique makes such a fun effect and the Stampin' Up! Aqua Painter lets you easily color in the mermaid. Not familiar with the Aqua Painter coloring tool?
This nifty tool looks like a paint brush, but the handle holds water. When you squeeze the handle, water runs into the brush tip. You simply unscrew the brush, add water into the handle, replace the brush and start coloring! Easy Peasy!
Instructions, including supplies and measurements, follow. You can order the stamp set or any other supplies you might need to make your own Magical Mermaid Stampin' Up! Style card 24/7 at my online store. While you're shopping, be sure to add adhesive or envelopes if you're running low. Those are things I always forget!
- Stamp Sets – Magical Mermaid (144017; Timeless Textures (140517)
- Card Stock – Whisper White (100730); Basic Black (121045); Watercolor Paper (122959)
- Stamp Pads – Lemon Lime Twist (144086); Berry Burst (144083); Powder Pink (144084); Bermuda Bay (131171); Elegant Eggplant (126969); Crumb Cake (126975); Soft Suede (126978); Versamark (102283); Black Archival Stampin’ Ink (140931)
- Misc. – Window Sheets (142314); Embossing Buddy (103083); White Stampin’ Emboss Powder (109132); Heat Tool (129053); Pretty Label Punch (143715); Aqua Painters (103954); Stampin’ Spritzers (126185); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); SNAIL Adhesive (104332); Paper Snips (103579)
- Whisper White: 4 1/4″ x 11” (scored at 5 1/2″)
- Basic Black: 4” x 5 1/4”, 2” x 3”
- Watercolor Paper: 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”, 2” x 4 1/2″
- Rub the Embossing Buddy over the Watercolor Paper mat. Using Vermark ink stamp the flourish from Timeless Textures in various places on the mat. Cover with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and set with the Heat Tool. NOTE: It may be difficult to see where you are stamping so it might be beneficial to stamp a few flourishes, add the Embossing Powder and then do a few more until finished.
- Use a Stampin’ Spritzer to wet the Watercolor Paper.
- Take a 2” x 4” piece of Window Sheet and “smoosh” it in one of your ink pads (shown here are Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay and Elegant Eggplant) and then Spritz it with a little water. Take the colored Window Sheet and “smoosh” it onto the Watercolor Paper. Clean the Window Sheet and do the same thing with the other ink colors until you are satisfied with the look of the Watercolor Paper art piece.
- Rub the Embossing Buddy on the smallest piece of Basic Black and use Vermark ink stamp the sentiment and cover with White Embossing Powder and punch out with the Pretty Label Punch.
- Use Black Archival ink to stamp the Mermaid, allow to dry, and then color her using an Aqua Painter and ink. You can squeeze the stamp pad to get some ink into the lid and pick up the color from there. Shown here is Lemon Lime Twist and Bermuda Bay on the tail, Powder Pink on the body, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede for the hair. Use Paper Snips to cut her out.
- Use SNAIL to attach the mats onto the card base and then add the sentiment and the Mermaid with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Hope you enjoyed today's Magical Mermaid Stampin' Up! Style. If you missed any of this week's posts, start here to see them all.