Hey stampers! It's such a warm, sunny day here in north Texas and we are LOVING the change! It was cold and rainy last week so having a bright, yellow orb in the sky sure lifts our spirits. Even my first graders at church seemed to be in happier moods!
I have a question for you today…where have you found ?
OK, I don't mean in a “normal” place, but in or on what unusual place have you found glitter? I'd love you to leave a comment on the bottom of today's post.
I posed this question to my newsletter subscribers and gave them an opportunity to win a signed copy of Laura Child‘s new scrapbooking mystery, Glitter Bomb. The results were simply hilarious and I wanted to share some of the funnier ones with you today.
- Inside my pantyhose- around the thigh area ..I was a chaperone at a high school dance.
- Once found glitter on the bathroom floor of a craft store. (It was hanging out with the Easter grass!)
- When we were cleaning out my Mom's house, I found all kinds of glitter spread in the drawer of her glitter. When I asked her about it, she indicated that she had spilled a small packet of it years prior and just left it there so when she picked something out of the drawer, she would be reminded of that time.
- On the dog's nose.
- The strangest place I have found glitter was in my contact lens case and I was nowhere near glitter. Mystery.
- My strangest place would have to be on my tongue. Lol And no I don’t eat glitter, haha but probably ate something and not realizing I had glitter on my fingers.
- My center desk drawer at work!!!!
- I found glitter once between my baby sons toes.
- I would say the strangest place I’ve found glitter would be on my cat’s tail!
- I found glitter in the church pew .
- Unfortunately on the end of my nose. This was after cashiering all day!
- The strangest place that I have found glitter was between my toes. I had spilled it on the floor and apparently I did not get it all.
- The strangest place I have found glitter was in a book that I’m reading.
- The strangest place I have found glitter was in my bra.
- I have found glitter every place in my house, on my husband that will not go in my craft room, and my \ beagle.
- As a retired kindergarten teacher I would find glitter everywhere and for some time. My custodian was never happy with me.
- I found glitter on my friend's face. I was working with glitter, she was not!!!
- In my mashed potatoes!
- My underwear! I am sure it was on my hands from crafting so long & needing to desperately take a potty break!
- The strangest place I found glitter was on my cat's paws. She tracked it all over our house. The strange thing was we had no glitter in the house at all. Go figure.
- The question would be, “Where Have I not found glitter?”
My personal favorite is the last one; so true don't you think?
While we're on the subject of glitter, sometimes a strip and some tiny pieces is just what you need to give a little “wow” to your card!
Below are the instructions, including cutting measurements, for this project. If you need to purchase some glitter paper or loose glitter to add to your holiday projects, you can find several options HERE.
- Stamp Set – Making Christmas Bright (148046)
- Card Stock – Thick Whisper White (140272); Coastal Cabana (131297); Granny Apple Green (146990); Daffodil Delight (119683); Melon Mambo (115320)
- Stamp Pads – Melon Mambo (147051)
- Misc.– Christmas Bulb Builder Punch (149947); Swirls and Curls Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (147923); Whisper White Bakers Twine (124262); Mini Dimensionals (144108); Gold Glimmer Paper (146958); Snail Adhesive (104332); Mini Glue Dots (103683)
- Thick Whisper White: 5-1/2 x 8-1/2
- Coastal Cabana: 5-1/4 x 4
- Granny Apple Green: 5 x 3-3/4
- Gold Glimmer Paper: 1 x 5
- Whisper White: 1/2 x 2-1/4
- Scraps: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White
- Using Big Shot and embossing folder, emboss Granny Apple Green card mat.
- Score and fold thick Whisper White card base. Adhere Coastal Cabana Granny Apple Green, and Glimmer Gold cardstock.
- Using bulb punch, punch out 3 bulb toppers out of Gold Glimmer paper.
- Punch one bulb out of each of the following: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana scraps.
- Adhere bulb topper to bulb using mini glue dots. Adhere completed bulbs to twine using mini dimensionals. Position light strand on card, and adhere with mini dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment on Whisper White, using Melon Mambo ink. Adhere with mini dimensionals.
Don't forget to leave a quick comment on the most unusual place you have found glitter! 🙂