How many times have you intended to make your mom a special, one of a kind gift but then simply put it off and run out of time? Well, this can be the year that you change your ways and surprise her with a hand crafted keepsake that is sure to make YOU her favorite. Check out this project and then email me to order all the supplies to create this one of a kind frame she will treasure forever. Everyone who orders by Wed., April 30 will also receive a handmade card to slip into your gift!
Accessories & Tools
These supplies and instructions are for general guidelines only.
Measurements will differ depending on the size of your frame. The size
of this finished piece (minus frame) is 6-1/2″ x 4-1/2″.
- Ink On Board “M,” “O,” and negative image from “M” with Chocolate Chip Craft ink using sponge daubers. Set aside to dry.
scallop edge along two pieces of Spring Silhouettes Designer Series
paper (5-3/4″ x 1″ each) using Slit punch. Adhere to back of Naturals
Ivory card stock.
- Using hobby blade and cutting mat, cut three
1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ square windows from Certainly Celery card stock. Stitch
around windows. Place Spring Silhouettes paper (5-1/4″ x 2-1/4″) under
Certainly Celery card stock, and use a pencil to lightly mark position
of windows on paper.
- Attach Aged Copper brads to corners of Certainly Celery card stock. Tie ribbon around lower corner; trim.
- Ink flower from Pretties Kit with Soft Sky ink using sponge daubers. Adhere to Certainly Celery card stock.
- Adhere letters to marked Spring Silhouettes paper:
- Adhere On Board negative image “M” over first marked square.
flower from Baroque Motifs in Certainly Celery ink on Naturals Ivory
card stock (3″ x 3″); cut out. Position On Board “O” over stamped
flower. Adhere flower and “O” over second marked square. Pierce hole
through center of all layers using paper-piercing tool from Crafters’
Tool Kit, and attach brad.
- Adhere On Board “M” over third marked square.
- Adhere Spring Silhouettes paper to Naturals Ivory card stock.
Certainly Celery card stock over Naturals Ivory card stock using
Stampin’ Dimensionals, so that letters show through windows.
definition in Chocolate Chip Classic ink on Naturals Ivory card stock
(2-1/2″ x 1″). Distress edges, crumple, and then smooth out. Adhere to
Certainly Celery card stock.
- Stamp baroque image in Chocolate
Chip Classic ink on Spring Silhouettes paper (6-3/4″ x 5″). Layer
Naturals Ivory card stock on paper.
- Stamp “Cherish” in
Chocolate Chip Classic ink on Naturals Ivory card stock (2-1/2″ x 1″).
Cut out letters, and adhere to stamped Spring Silhouettes paper.
- Lightly spatter Chocolate Chip Classic ink over entire project using watercolor brush.
- Spray adhesive over entire project, and sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds. Insert artwork into frame.