I have to say, Moroccan Nights was not my favorite new stamp set…but, I love the way this Moroccan Lantern Card looks! The “splatter technique” really makes the lanterns pop, don’t you think?
If you need a refresher on this technique, please email me and I’ll be glad to help! Supplies and instructions shown below. Just click right on the product to order….easy, peasy!
Stamp Sets – Moroccan Nights (w-141715, c-141718); One Big Meaning (w-138788, c-139420)
Card Stock – Emerald Envy (141415); Dapper Denim (141414); Very Vanilla (101650)
Stamp Pads – Basic Black Archival (140931), Crushed Curry (131173), Cajun Craze (126965), Dapper Denim (141394), Emerald Envy (141396)
Misc. – Moroccan Designer Series Paper (DSP) (141645); Sponge Daubers (133773); Aqua Painters (103954)
- Emerald Envy: 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”
- Dapper Denim: 4” x 3 3/8”
- Very Vanilla: 4” x 3”
- DSP: 4” x 5 1/4”
- Stamp Lanterns and Thank You in Black archival ink on Very Vanilla card stock and allow to dry.
- Sponge Crushed Curry ink starting inside lanterns (darkest) out across the card stock (lighter as it moves away from the lanterns) using sponge daubers.
- Start at the top edge sponging Cajun Craze (darkest) moving to blend with the Curry color (lighter)
- Start at the bottom edge of the card stock sponging Dapper Denim ink and getting lighter as you move up the card. Leave room for the Emerald Envy and blend from the Denim side (darkest) into the Curry above (lighter).
- Splatter water from your aqua painter onto the ombre background. Allow to sit for 15-25 seconds and blot excess water off. Let it dry.
- Stamp star around lanterns with Crushed Curry ink.
- Layer and assemble the Moroccan Lantern card as shown.