A lot of my customers find themselves in need of some birthday card inspiration; they get tired of making the same old thing and are often asking me for some new ideas. I wanted to share some fun ones this week:
The first card I want to share uses Stampin' Up!'s balloonbouquet punch and red foil sheets to add a splash of color to jazz things up. Sometimes an accent color that isn't present in the background papers provides just that extra bit of “pop” to take a card from great to WOW!
- Stamp Sets: Party Wishes (W: 140651 or C: 140961)
- Inks: Archival Black (140931)
- Paper: Mint Macaron ( 138337), It’s My Party DSP (140552), Whisper White (100730), Red Foil Sheets (139607 )
- Other: Balloon Boquet Punch (140609), Metallic Foil Doilies (138392), Silver Metallic Thread (138402), Fast Fuse (129026), Dimensionals (104430),
- Card Base in Mint Macaron: 11” x 4-1/4” and scored at 5-1/2”
- Striped DSP Card Face: 5-1/2 x 4-1/4
- DSP Layer: 1-1/2” x 4”
- Mint Macaron Layer: 1-3/4” x 3-1/4”
- Whisper White Layer (with stamped image): 1-1/2” x 3”
- Attach DSP card face to the Mint Macaron card base.
- Punch three balloons out of the Red Foil: One Large & Two Small.
- Tie balloon strings onto the balloons using Silver Metallic Thread.
- Adhere balloons to card using Dimensionals and Fast Fuse.
- Cut a large silver doily in half and adhere it to the bottom, center of your card.
- Adhere the DSP layer on top of the doily using Fast Fuse and tuck the balloon strings behind the DSP.
- Stamp “Happy Birthday” onto Whisper White paper using Black Archival Ink.
- Attach sentiment layer to Mint Macaron layer using Fast Fuse.
Using dimensionals attach the matted sentiment centered over the DSP layer.