Hey stampers! Today I've got a fresh, new cardmaking idea for you.
Of course, anything purple is my favorite, but you can choose your preferred color to make this card.
If you love sending handmade birthday cards as much as I do, I think this design will fit the bill! This project actually uses one of Stampin' Up!'s “bundles. When you purchase the bundle, you'll save 10% over what you would pay for the individual stamp set and detailed edgelit dies.
Below are the instructions and, if you need any supplies to make this card, you can purchase them HERE.
- Stamp Sets – Birthday Cheer* (148604c)
- Card Stock –Thick Whisper White (140272); Highland Heather (146986); Whisper White (100730); Lovely Lipstick (146970); Call Me Clover (146969)
- Stamp Pads – Highland Heather (147103); Lovely Lipstick (147140)
- Misc – Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (143263); Detailed Birthday Edgelits Dies* (148548); Stitched Shaped Framelits (145372); Basket Weave TIEF (146841); Gingham Gala 6” x 8” Designer Series Paper (148554); Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins (148561); Wink of Stella (141897); Call Me Clover Light Blends (147023); Pineapple Punch Dark Blends(147030); Lovely Lipstick Light Blends(147026); Highland Heather Combo Blends (147276); Mini Glue Dots (103683); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
*Birthday Cheer Bundle (150576)
- Thick Whisper White CS: 4-1/4” x 11″, scored at 5-1/2”
- Highland Heather CS: 5-1/4” x 4″
- Whisper White CS: 3” x 3”; 2-1/2” x 4”; 2” x 2”
- Gingham Gala DSP: 3” x 3”
- Scraps: Lovely Lipstick CS and Call Me Clover CS
- Fold Thick Whisper White cardstock on score line to create card base.
- Run Highland Heather CS through Big Shot using Basket Weave TIEF; Adhere to card front.
- Adhere Gingham DSP to card front.
- Die cut square layer from Whisper White CS using square framelit from Stitched Shapes Framelits using the Big Shot. Adhere to card front centering over Gingham Gala DSP.
- Stamp single cupcake image using Highland Heather ink onto Whisper White CS. Color with Highland Heather Blends Combo. Color sprinkles with Lovely Lipstick, Pineapple Punch and Call Me Clover Blends. Color ‘icing’ using Wink of Stella ink. Add to stitched square layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Die cut ‘3 cupcakes’ from Whisper White CS using Detailed Birthday Edgelit dies and Big Shot. Die cut ‘cherry’ from Lovely Lipstick CS and ‘cherry stem from Call Me Clover CS. Color ‘icing’, ‘cherry’, and ‘heart’ of die cuts using Wink of Stella ink
- Adhere the ‘3 cupcakes’ die cut to bottom of card front. Add Lovely Lipstick ‘cherry’ and Call Me Clover ‘stem’ to fill in die cut with Mini Glue dots; Add Lovely Lipstick ‘heart’ to third cupcake as well using Mini Glue Dots.
- Stamp ‘sentiment’ using Lovely Lipstick ink pad to bottom of die cut square.
- Finish by adding Gingham
If you need other ideas, my newsletter subscribers will be getting FIVE new ones tomorrow in this week's email newsletter. Not a subscriber yet? Just put your name and email in the sidebar and you won't miss out. You'll also get a couple of exclusive, free gifts, including some tool videos and a “shutter card” tutorial!
One last thing before I let you go. My latest Facebook LIVE Online Class airs tomorrow, at 7:00 PM CST. I'll be teaching five new projects. Even if you can't join my LIVE class, once you register, your fee entitles you to lifetime access; you can watch anytime, on your own schedule! Click HERE to see all the details!