Hey Stampers! I know it's “technically” still summer but here in Texas kids are heading back to school and, for the last few days, our weather has been rainy and cool, like fall. Today's project uses fall colors and shows you a technique using framelits that gives you an “outside looking in” effect!
Isn't this cool? Kind of like a “card inside a card” Here are the instructions if you'd like to try. Also, Be sure to read all the way to the end of the post to see a couple of reminders. I don't want you to miss out on a couple of things! 🙂
- Blended Seasons (149019 Wood Mount, 149016 Clear Mount), Blended Seasons Bundle (149893 Wood Mount, 149894 Clear Mount)
- Stamp Pads: Early Espresso (147114)
- Paper: Crumb Cake (120953), Cherry Cobbler (119685), Early Espresso (119686)
- Misc.: Stitched Season Framelits Dies (149013), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (143263), Watercolor Pencils Assortment 2 (149014), Blender Pen (102845), Crumb Cake 3/8” Classic Weave Ribbon (144162), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Early Espresso: 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Cherry Cobbler: 3 ¼” x 4 ½”
- Crumb Cake: 2 ½” x 3 ½”
Instructions: (This card shows the inside of the card from the outside).
- Fold the Early Espresso card base in half. Stamp the leaf image in Early Espresso in each corner on the INSIDE of the card.
- Open the Early Espresso card, lay the largest frame die from the Stitched Seasons Framelits in the center of the card front (the part that does NOT have the leaves stamped on it). Cut out the frame with the Big Shot.
- Layer the Early Espresso frame on the inside of the card over the stamped leaf images using Dimensionals.
- Cut out a medium size label from Cherry Cobbler using the medium frame die from Stitched Seasons.
- Layer the Cherry Cobbler frame on to the Early Espresso frame using Dimensionals.
- Stamp the words “Thank You” in Early Espresso ink on the piece of Crumb Cake cardstock.
- In Early Espresso stamp a portion of the leaf stamp image below the word Thank You.
- Cut out the greeting and leaves with the smallest frame from the Stitched Seasons Framelits.
- Color the leaves using the Watercolor Pencils Assortment 2 (Cherry Cobbler and Crushed Curry used here). Blend the coloring with the Blender Pen.
- Adhere the Crumb Cake frame on to the Cherry Cobbler frame using Dimensionals.
- Tie a bow with the Crumb Cake ribbon.
- Attach the ribbon with a mini glue dot.
- Blended Seasons Bundle only available through the end of August OR while supplies last. ORDER NOW and I'll send you some PDF tutorials to give you extra ideas!
- You can still earn $5.00 bonus coupons for every $50 product purchase, no limits! Earn these in August and redeem in September. Here's a PDF with the most common Q & A's: Bonus Days FAQ