Hey Stampers! Is there a new little “star” coming into your world soon? Maybe a friend's baby, maybe a grandchild? I'm so excited to share this adorable card made with the Sweet Baby stamp set and Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper. While this card is for a baby boy, just stamp/color the baby image with Petal Pink and use Petal Pink Cardstock and you've got a baby girl card! The Soft Sea Foam circle works just fine for either, too!
Of course, you could easily slip a gift card into the opening instead of cash.
Twinkle Twinkle is one of the Designer Series Paper (DSP) packs that will be part of Stampin' Up!'s July sale. During the entire month, buy 3, get one free of the DSP shown below.
You can mix and match with any of these papers, OR you can get 4 of the same one; it's up to you!
I know a lot of you print off my projects and save, so I've included everything you need below to make this project. Don't forget to set a reminder and bookmark this post so you can grab some DSP from my online store on July 1 and save some money, too!
- Stamp Sets – Sweet Baby (146456-w, 146459-c)
- Card Stock – Soft Sea Foam (146988); Whisper White (100730); Pool Party (122924); Night of Navy (100867)
- Stamp Pads – Night of Navy (147110); Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (132708
- Stampin’ Blends – Ivory (144606); Pool Party Combo Pack (144605); Smoky Slate Combo Pack (145058)
- Misc. – Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper (DSP) (146284); Classic Label Punch (141491); Starburst Punch (143717); 1¾” Circle Punch (119850); Big Shot (143263); Bouncing Baby Framelits (146322); Sunshine Wishes Thinlits (141489); Envelope Punch Board (133774); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive (110755); Tear & Tape (138995)
- Whisper White Card Stock: 2¾” x 4¼” scrap
- Night of Navy Card Stock: 7” x 8-3/8”; score at 2¼” and 5-3/8”; 1½” x 7” scrap
- Pool Party Card Stock: 1½” x 7½”
- Soft Sea Foam Card Stock: 2¾” x 4¼” scrap
- Twinkle Twinkle DSP: 2¾” x 6¾”; 2” x 6¾”; 9” x 9”
Fold Night of Navy on score lines.
Punch half of a 1¾” Circle in the larger flap.
Adhere DSP to front flap and large flap.
Punch half circle again in the larger flap; adhere only the short sides of the larger flap to the card to form a pocket for money.
Punch a Starburst from Soft Sea Foam.
Stamp “it’s a boy” with Night of Navy on Soft Sea Foam; punch with Classic Label Punch.
- Punch Night of Navy with Classic Label punch; cut in half.
- Cut “congrats” from Soft Sea Foam and Night of Navy.
- Layer “congrats” under the half circle.
- Wrap Pool Party strip around card to create a belly band.
- Adhere starburst.
- Stamp baby and bear hat on Whisper White with Memento Ink.
- Color using Stampin’ Blends:
- Cut with framelits.
- Adhere to starburst.
- Create envelope using the Envelope Punch Board – use 7½” x 3½” card measurements