Hey stampers; can you believe it is September already?? The holidays are just around the corner and the frenzied pace of life will pick up soon to prepare for everything.
Today's project will save you time and features Stampin' Up!'s new Designer Tin of Cards.
This little gem is found on page 160 of our annual catalog:
This kit makes 20 cards and the adorable tin in which everything is packaged makes it even more special! Make the cards and store them in the tin or give it as a gift with the cards or another present! You can even add products like I show in today's project to step up the cards,
My plan is to give several of these completed project tins as gifts this holiday season. It's not too early to save time so click on a pic below to order your Designer Tin of Cards and other products to make this card. Complete instructions and measurements follow below.
- Stamp Sets: Designer Tin of Cards (141739)
- Inks: Elegant Eggplant (126969)
- Paper: Whisper White Thick card stock (140272), Silver Foil Sheets (132178), Elegant Eggplant card stock (105126)
- Other: Silver Satin Ribbon (134548), Silver Metallic Thread (138402), 1/8” Handheld Circle punch (134365), Seaside Embossing Folder (141481), Lots of Labels Framelits (138281), Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (143263), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Whisper White Thick card stock base: 4 ¼” X 11”; score at 5 ½”
- Elegant Eggplant card stock: 3” X 5 ¼”
- Silver foil sheets: (2) ½” X 5 ¼”
- Scrap pieces of white card stock (for stamping sentiment) and silver foil for the tag
- Stamp the “Thanks to You” sentiment in Elegant Eggplant on scrap white card stock.
- Cut out using the 4th from the largest framelit from the Lots of Labels Framelits. Run through the Big Shot the first time to create the top of the tag and then run through a second time to cut out the bottom part of the tag.
- Cut out the same size from the Silver Foil Sheet. Run through twice like the “Thanks to You” tag making sure that the silver piece is slightly longer than the tag. Adhere the sentiment piece on top of the Silver Foil piece. Punch a hole in the top of the tag with the 1/8” tag punch and set aside.
- Emboss the Elegant Eggplant piece using the Seaside Embossing Folder and the Big Shot.
- Adhere Silver Foil strips on either side of the Elegant Eggplant card stock piece.
- Wrap a piece of silver satin ribbon to the top of the Elegant Eggplant piece. Adhere to the back. Using a second small piece of ribbon, tie a knot onto the wrapped silver ribbon.
- Adhere the Elegant Eggplant piece to the front of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Run a piece of Silver Metallic Thread through the hole in the “Thanks to You tag” and tie onto the silver ribbon piece. Be sure to double knot it.
Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you enjoyed seeing how you can save time with Stampin' Up!'s Designer Tin of Cards.