Welcome! How many cat lovers do I have popping by today? My share is a whimsical Calypso Coral card, using Stampin’ Up!’s new Nine Lives stamp set. Don’t worry, if you’re more of a dog lover, tomorrow’s post will have you covered! 🙂
This stamp set has some adorable images as well as several coordinating sentiments.
If you’d like to create today’s share, here are the instructions and measurements. I’ve also included product numbers for easy ordering at my online store.
- Stamp Set: Nine Lives (148703)
- Cardstock: Calypso Coral (122925), Whisper White (100730)
- Ink and Coloring: Classic Stampin’ Pad in Calypso Coral (147101) and Basic Gray (149165), Stampin’ Blends Calypso Coral Dark (144044)
- Miscellaneous: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (143263), Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies (148551), Dot to Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (148533), Cat Punch (144666), Heart Epoxy Droplets (148583), Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush (141897), Organdy Ribbon Combo Pack (149623 – Sale-A-Bration item free with a qualifying purchase), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (144108), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579)
- Whisper White card base: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” scored at 4-1/4” then folded in half and 2-1/2” x 4”
- Calypso Coral: 3-3/4” x 5” and 2-1/2” x 2-1/2”
- Ribbon: 4”
- Run card base through embossing folder so that lines of dots are vertical along the longer 5-1/2” direction. TIP: if you’d like a little more “definition” in your embossed cardstock, spritz it before running through the Big Shot.
- Using the 3-1/2” x 4-3/4” rectangle stitched die as a guide, stamp the yarn in opposing corners of the larger Calypso Coral piece of cardstock then die cut.
- Stamp sentiment on Whisper White with Basic Gray ink then die cut with the 2-1/4” x 3-1/2” rectangle aligning so sentiment ends about 3/8” from bottom.
- Stamp striped cat in Calypso Coral ink on Calypso Coral cardstock then stamp the outline over it with Basic Gray ink. Punch out with Cat Punch.
- Tie ribbon into small bow and trim ends with Paper Snips.
- Color over one of the Heart Epoxy Droplets with a Calypso Coral Dark Stampin’ Blends marker.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals and Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere all layers to one another as well as the cat.
- Place the colored Heart Epoxy Droplet onto the Whisper White cardstock so it nestles between the cat tail and cat shoulder as shown.
This stamp set will surely give you more than nine lives as you use it over and over to create cards for family and friends! If you’d like to add it to your collection, and also see the coordinating punch, click HERE.