Do you even know who Joe Namath is and do you even care? If you are stuck in a creativity black hole hang with me here and you’ll see what Joe Namath has to do with you!
Where are my football peeps? Let’s play a little trivia. Who knows what happened on this day in history that Joe Namath predicted? I’ll give you a hint…it was 53 years ago and Broadway Joe was right in the middle of the action!
Any guesses? On January 12, 1969 in Miama, Florida at the Orange Bowl, the New York Jets defeated the Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl III. This was considered one of the biggest upsets in sports history. A few days prior to the game, Joe Namath had predicted this victory, all the while the Jets were an 18 point underdog!
So, that brings me to the point of this post. Do you sometimes feel like you aren’t creative? Maybe you feel like a “crafting underdog”? Everyone else you know comes up with such cute cards but you are stuck in a creativity black hole? I can relate! I’ve been a paper crafter for about 20 years and I still hit a creative “wall” from time to time.
I wanted to share what I do to feel like a crafting superhero instead of an underdog.
- Put on some of your favorite music, the louder the better!
- Think of one person who makes you happy; think of their favorite color, maybe a favorite flower.
- Get out some paper in the color of #2 and pull out some stamp sets you think your person would like.
- Open the Stampin’ Up! catalog and start looking for ideas! The catalog is not just an ordering tool (although I love getting orders 😁); it has a wealth of samples and you can substitute colors, stamp sets, etc. to make one of them your own.
- Take a blank piece of copy paper and a pencil. Start sketching out a card front, thinking of the stamp sets, ribbon, and other embellishments you might have pulled out. I bet before you know it, you’ll be in a better mood, you creativity will be out of that black hole, and you’ll soon be sending out a card to brighten someone’s day!
I’d love to hear how this worked for you. Please leave me a comment below! For more ideas, visit my You Tube Channel and subscribe so you don’t miss when I post something new!