I know, I know, have I gone mad? It's 100 degrees outside where I live in north Texas and I'm posting about Christmas!
I really am already thinking about my Christmas cards. Do you ever start that process in July? When we were still out and about more, many retial stores even had Christmas in July sales and promotions.
I just pre-ordered some fall and winter stamp sets from the upcoming Stampin' Up! seasonal catalog and I guess that's put me in a festive, Christmas spirit! One of the perks of being a demonstrator; we get to see and order products a month early. I'll be posting lots of samples once these arrive so stay tuned for that!
I hope you enjoy today's share which is actually made using the Sunflower Dies in our annual catalog. The card base uses Poppy Parade, one of my favorite “reds”.
If this card is something you'd like to make, directions and supplies are listed below. Just click on any picture to order.
- Card Stock: Poppy Parade (119793); Just Jade (153079); Whisper White (100730)
- Misc: Flowers for Every Season 6”x6” Designer Series Paper (DSP) (152486); Flowers for Every Season Memories & More Card Pack (153058); Sunflower Dies (152704); Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder (152718); die-cut machine; Stampin' Dimensionals (104430); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)
- Poppy Parade: 5” x 7” scored at 3 ½” – this will be your card base; 3 ¼” x 4 ¾” and 3 ½” x 3 ½”
- Just Jade: 3 ¼” x 4 ¾”
- Whisper White: 3 1/8” x 4 5/8”
- Poinsettia Piece from Flowers for Every Season DSP: 1” x 4¾”
- Run the 3 ¼” x 4 ¾” piece of Poppy Parade through your die-cut machine using the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder.
- Add the embossed cardstock to the center of the card front.
- Die-cut the large sunflower from the other piece of Poppy Parade cardstock.
- Attach the sunflower to the back of the DSP so that about 2/3 of it is showing.
- Add that to the card front.
- Cut ‘season’s greetings’ from the 3” x 4” card that has the word strips all over it.
- Add greeting to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Attach the white cardstock to the jade cardstock (this goes on the inside).
- This is a notecard sized card and will fit into one of the notecard envelopes.