Happy Thursday friends! Now that Halloween is over, you know what that means, right? Time to start thinking about Christmas cards! I drove by one of our local malls yesterday and a big crane was setting up an enormous lighted and decorated tree. My first reaction was to scream NOOOO!!!!!! It's not even Thanksgiving yet. But, I know the holidays will creep up on all of us (this happens every year, right?!) so I want to start giving you some card and other project ideas over the next few weeks. Today I'm sharing Christmas Wishes with Merry Mistletoe.
If you typically send out a lot of cards to friends and family, I think you'll love this simple design. Only one stamp set is used, and just a few other products.
I'll share the instructions below but let me give you a few time-saving tips when making this card, or any other card for that matter.
- Assemble all your card “ingredients” first. Just like when you bake for the holidays, typically you pull out the recipe and make sure you have all the necessary items before you start. Don't forget envelopes!
- Cut all your paper at one time and put into individual stacks, then into a ziploc bag. Once you get ready to assemble, you'll have all the paper pieces ready. The bag helps to keep them clean and organized. I typically go on a crafting retreat before the holidays to work on my cards and this system helps me get right down to business.
- Do all of your stamping at one time. Be sure you have re-inked your stamp pads ahead of time so you will get a clean, crisp stamped image.
- If you are using embellishments or ribbon, be sure to check ahead of time to make sure you have enough for every card.
Merry Mistletoe instructions, including measurements
- Stamp Sets – Merry Mistletoe (143655)
- Card Stock – Be Merry (144111), Whisper White (100730), Cherry Cobbler (119685), Garden Green (102584)
- Stamp Pads – Cherry Cobbler (126966), Garden Green (126973)
- Misc. – Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), SNAIL adhesive (104332), 1 3/4” circle punch (119850), Regals Enamel Dots (141681)
- Be Merry: 3 1/2” x 5 1/2”; 2 3/4” x 4”
- Whisper White: 1 1/2” x 3 1/2”; 2” square; scraps for trees
- Cherry Cobbler: 1 3/4” x 3 1/2”
- Garden green: 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”
Create Garden Green card base. Adhere two pieces of Be Merry paper using SNAIL adhesive.
Ink phrase using Cherry Cobbler Ink and stamp onto Whisper White strip. Adhere to Cherry Cobbler strip and then to card front using SNAIL.
Stamp two trees using Garden Green ink and cut out using paper snips.
Punch Whisper White circle. Adhere two trees to circle using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Adhere circle to card front using SNAIL.
To complete card add two Garden Green enamel dots.
If I can help you with this card or you'd like to schedule “creative session” to brainstorm ideas for YOUR perfect card, just shoot me an email and we'll get busy!