Hey Stampers! Today we're talking about Fresh Eyes On Crafting Supplies – Double Duty Letters. I'm sure cost is a factor when you are choosing your crafting products; me too! When I find products that can do “double duty” so to speak, those rise to the top of my list!
In this card the “negative” part of the die-cut letters is used as well as the letters themselves. At a cost of $99.00, the complete set of Large Letters Framelits Dies IS an investment, not just a purchase. Part of my joy as a demonstrator is to help you discover new ideas and new ways to use your “stuff”.
This set of dies includes 37 pieces and the largest one measures 1-3/16″ x 2-5/16″. Whether you are a stamper, scrapbooker, or other crafter extraordinaire, these letters give you so many choices to personalize your projects.
The absolute BEST way to get your hands on these versatile dies and put money in your pocket for holiday shopping, is to purchase the Stampin' Up! Starter Kit. For only $99 plus tax (FREE shipping is included), you can choose $125 in product; you'd still have $26 left after you selected these Framelits Dies! And, the best part? You would get all the other “perks” of being in the Stampin' Up! Family AND a member of my Girls, INK team.
Here are some of us at a recent event. If I haven't met you yet, I'm the one in the blue shirt in the middle of the photo! I invite you to read more about my team how Stampin' Up! might help you achieve some of your dreams! Questions? Give me a shout on email, phone (214-293-4461) or Facebook; I love to talk about Stampin' Up! and my fifteen year journey of fun, friendships, and financial blessings.
Here are the instructions for today's project.
- Stamp Sets: Season Like Christmas (p 144860)
- Inks: Pear Pizzazz (131180), Old Olive (126953), Early Espresso (126974)
- Paper: Old Olive (100702), Early Espresso (119686), Whisper White (100730)
- Other: Big Shot (143263), Large Letters Framelits (141712), Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (141897), Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (144108), Snail (104332)
- Old Olive: 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Early Espresso: 5 ½” x 3 3/4”
- Whisper White: 5 ½” x 3 ½”
- Fold the Old Olive card base in half.
- Attach the Early Espresso mat to the cardstock front.
- Stamp the trees as shown at varying heights. Stamp some of the greenery, with Old Olive ink and some Pear Pizzazz ink. Stamp the tree trunk with Early Espresso ink. For the Pear Pizzazz tree, stamp off the tree trunk. Do not stamp the 2-step layer on the top of the tree (it makes the trees too dark to see the letters).
- Cut out the letters on the Big Shot from the stamped piece of cardstock. If you are not using the Magnetic platform for the Big Shot, you will want to use a Post It note or Washi Tape to hold the letters in place. Cut out one letter a time.
- Attach the stamped white strip to the Espresso mat.
- Re-attach the letters to the front of the card using Mini Dimensionals.
- Paint the letters with the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush.