Dave again. And about now, some of you are saying, “Beyond???”, “Beyond WHAT?? What's this fool up to now?” I'll explain…
I am not a stamper. Quite honestly, I don't really get it. (Probably a guy thing…). On the other hand, I love Stampin' Up! for many reasons. It has allowed us to go beyond what we might have done without it.
- I love it because my favorite person on the planet loves it.
- Anne has been quite successful in her business and I've tried, over the years to support her in that success.
- It's given us opportunities that we may not have had. We've had some fantastic travel opportunities and made many long-term friends!
- The main reason for this post is KIVA! (If you're interested, please take a look at Kiva.org.)
- A small part of the money that Anne has earned from her stamping business has allowed me to pursue one of my interests.
- Kiva allows me to take very small amounts of money, (whatever I have and can afford to use to help someone), and lend it to people who really need it!
Honestly, I don't have a clue when I/we started doing it, but it was probably ten years ago or more. We started with $25.00 and I started lending it to women in the Philippines, (that's where I grew up), who have their own business and/or are the primary breadwinner for the family. In general, women have less access to credit than men, even here. In less developed or in third-world countries, the difference is even more pronounced. Our little loans make a big difference!
We now have $600 in circulation at all times and my goal is to have $1000 out there by the end of the year. We've made over $1500 in loans in 17 countries. Of that, 77% have gone to women with their own businesses.
The ability to make small loans like this allows you to spread your risk across a much larger population of borrowers, thus reducing the risk significantly. By their very nature, these loans are riskier than most, but in all that time we've lost a grand total of $3.45! Awesome!!
If this interests you, please email me. I'd love to talk to you about it and I'll help you however I can. It makes a BIG difference to the people receiving the loans!
So, why do I love Stampin'Up! ? Well, lotsa' reasons. These are just a couple…
If you'd be interested in learning more about how you can get paid doing what you love, please call me or email. I'd love to help there too!