Greetings Stampers and Happy Friday Eve! Around our office, everyone loves Thursdays ALMOST as much as Fridays. Today's project, Tutti Frutti Purse is perfect for graduation gifts! No matter if elementary school, junior high, high school, or college graduations are on your calendar, this little gem filled with folded up “bills” will be a big hit! You can crank them out so easily.
Change up the project to be a messenger bag or backpack to make it more gender neutral. Although, my husband has been known to carry my purse at times on vacation. He might go for one of these, especially if it is filled with money! 🙂
This paper is on the retiring list right now but you can still grab it, along with some other coordinating items.
Go ahead and click here to order. I've included the instructions, along with measurements, below. Of course, if this paper isn't your style, it will work with paper you love just as well!
- Card Stock – Real Red (102482), Tutti Fruiti DSP (145606)
- Misc. Gold Mini Trim (144128), Gold 1/8” Ribbon (134583), Rhinestones (144220), Garden Trellis Embossing Folder (143741), Glue Dots (103683), Paper Trimmer (126889) Scallop Tag Topper Punch (133324), Big Shot (143263), Tear Tape (138995)
- Card Stock 1: 6 x 6 DSP
- Card Stock 2: Real Read Scrap 2 x 2 ½”
- Punch the Red 2” scrap and score using the Paper Trimmer at ½”. Emboss using the Big Shot and the Garden Trellis Embossing Folder. Adhere a piece of Tear tape on the ½” Scored piece.
- Using the Paper Trimmer, score the DSP at 2” and 4” and turn DSP and repeat. Place DSP in Paper Trimmer diagonally and score the outer corner squares only from point to point. Fold on all the score lines.
- It should fold all INWARD. Pinch the top.
- Adhere the Real Red Scallop closure to the back of the purse.
- Adhere Sequins handle on the inside with rolled up glue dots.
- Adhere bow with a glue dot and adhere a Rhinestone. To close the purse, adhere with a glue dot.