Oh my, I am in love with the tarnished foil technique. I created this card over the weekend. My local and online July clubs will be making this card for one of our projects.
I didn't make it specifically as a masculine card, but I think it is perfect for any of our guys.
I recorded a video to show you the steps in the tarnished foil technique and also written instructions, supplies and measurements below.
If you need any of the supplies to make this project, just click on any picture below to order.
- Stamp Sets – Great Big Greetings (143685), Sharing Sweet Thoughts (w-144048, c-144051)
- Card Stock – Basic Black (121045), Cajun Craze (119684), Very Vanilla (101650)
- Stamp Pads – Archival Black Ink (140931); Archival Gray Ink (140932), Versamark (102283)
- Misc. – Layered Leaves Embossing Folder (143704), 1/4” Copper Trim (144179); Silver Metallic Thread (138402); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Stampin’ Sponges (141337), Copper Foil Sheets (142020), Copper (141636), Gold (109129), Silver (109131) Embossing Powder, Heat Tool (129053)
- Cajun Craze: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, 4” x 2 ½”, 3” x ¼”
- Basic Black: 5 1/4” x 4″
- Very Vanilla: 3” x 1 1/4”
- Copper Foil: 4” x 2 ¼”
- Fold Cajun Craze Cardstock in half to create card base.
- Run Basic Black Cardstock through the Big Shot with the Layered Leaves Embossing Folder and attach to card base,
- Drag black ink across foil paper. Using Versamark, randomly stamp butterflies from Sharing Sweet Thoughts on top, pour Gold Embossing Powder on top and heat with Heat Tool. Stamp a few more butterflies with Versamark and heat using Silver Embossing Powder. Run through Big Shot using Layered Leaves Embossing Folder.
- Tap Versamark onto some of the raised leaves, pour copper embossing Powder on top and heat. Repeat using Silver Embossing Powder (tip: if you get too much powder in one area, just lightly brush off using your finger before you heat).
- On small Vanilla piece, stamp I Heart You sentiment from Great Big Greetings using Versamark. Pour Copper Embossing Powder on top and heat. Using sponge and black ink, distress vanilla piece and flag the right end.
- Attach the small Cajun Craze piece on the bottom of vanilla piece and then run several lines of SNAIL across the back. Using the Silver Metallic Thread and Copper Trim, create loops as desired and attach this piece to card front using Dimensionals.
Leave me a comment once you try this awesome tarnished foil technique! I'd also love to see your project if you'd like to email me a picture.