I’m often asked by new stampers for a list of the top ten things a stamper needs. If you start with these items, you’ll be able to create a lot of great projects and then add to your collection as time and money allows!
1. Paper Trimmer that will cut 12″x12″ paper – Essential for cutting/scoring straight lines; if you have a good trimmer, you can cut your own cards from full sheets – way cheaper than buying pre-cut!
2. Cardstock/ Designer Series Paper – Stampin Up! has the best in my opinion and my customers agree; especially Whisper White for getting crisp images!
3. Stamps – What I love about Stampin Up! stamp sets is that they come in sets so all the images go together and coordinate. We have three kinds: wood mount, clear mount, and photopolymer…which is your favorite?
4. Ink Pads – I recommend a good black pad, probably StazOn or Memento, depending upon your coloring tool.
5. VersaMark Pad – use for heat embossing or to create a watermark on your cardstock; so versatile!
6. Adhesive – Stampin’ Up!’s SNAIL adhesive is my all purpose “go to” adhesive. Refills just pop in. Also high on my list are Stampin’ Dimensionals and Tombow all purpose glue.
7. Scissors – I personally like Stampin’ Up! Paper Snips for most of my projects.
8. Embellishments – so many from which to choose – my two favorite are buttons and ribbon.
9. Big Shot – Die Cutting Machine – it will cut over 60 different materials to embellish your cards or to create 3D projects. An investment but totally worth it; you can choose this as an item in your starter kit.
10. Markers – Again my favorite are Stampin’ Up!’s Stampin’ Write Markers because they come in all the coordinating colors and have two tips; you can use these to journal on your scrapbooking pages, write in your cards, ink up stamps, or color in stamped images.
What is on your list that I might have forgotten??? Leave me a comment to share your thoughts with my readers!