As I'm writing this post it is a dreary day here in Texas. I spent yesterday with my youngest granddaughter while her parents were celebrating a birthday and an early Father's Day. We had such a great day of fun and now I'm in my stamp room creating.
I wanted to share a tutorial for a fun new stamp, Whale Done, set in the Stampin' Up! 2020-2021 catalog. I love using strips of Designer Series Paper to create a unique background for my cards. Enjoy!
- Stamp Set – Whale Done (152470)
- Cardstock –Whisper White (100730); Whisper White Thick (140272)
- Stamp Pads – Pretty Peacock (150083)
- Misc. – Whale of a Time Designer Series Paper (DSP) (152460); Vellum (101856); Whale Builder Punch (152699); Timeless Label Punch (149516); 2” Circle Punch (133782); Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo Pack (152479); Stampin’ Seal (152813); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Mini Glue Dots (103683)
- Whisper White Thick: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”
- Whisper White: 1-1/2” x 3”
- Vellum: 2-1/4” x 2-1/4”
- DSP: 1-3/4” x 4” (each: teal, yellow, coral); 1 whale
- Score Whisper White at 4-1/4”; fold to create card base.
- Adhere DSP strips to card front with Stampin’ Seal.
- Punch 2” circle from vellum; adhere to lower right corner of card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment on Whisper White cardstock with Pretty Peacock ink; punch with Timeless Label Punch. Fold a 3” piece of coral ribbon in half; adhere behind label with a Mini Glue Dot. Adhere over vellum circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Punch whale from DSP; adhere over sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals.